cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S III - available on June 21, pre-order on June 5

Highlighted
Wizard

Samsung Galaxy S III - available on June 21, pre-order on June 5

The following announcement regarding the Samsung Galaxy III was just made!

Highlights:

• 6/05 Pre-order - pre-order link may not be live until the morning of 6/5
    • 6/21 launch date
    • Two colors: Pebble Blue and Marble White in two memory versions - 16GB for $199.99 and 32GB for $249.99

=======================================================================================

Samsung Galaxy S III Comes to Sprint, the Only Wireless Carrier to Offer the Device with Unlimited Data Pricing Plan And Google Wallet Pre-Loaded on the Device, on June 21

Pre-order begins June 5 at www.sprint.com/galaxysiii

Manufactured by Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), Galaxy S III is powered by Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, and boasts a brilliant 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED™ touchscreen and access to the Sprint 4G LTE network when it launches later this year.

Sprint is the only national U.S. wireless carrier to offer Galaxy S III preloaded with Google Wallet™ enabling the phone to act like a personal wallet using Near Field Communication (NFC) to make safe purchases at more than 100,000 participating retailers.

Samsung Galaxy S III will be offered in a 16GB version for $199.99 and 32GB version for $249.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement at Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales (www.sprint.com). The 32GB version will be available exclusively through Web Sales.

Customers can pre-order the device beginning Tuesday, June 5, at www.sprint.com/galaxysiii. It will be available in two color options – Pebble Blue and Marble White.

Galaxy S III offers the speed of a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM for multitasking, amazing graphics and rich HD multimedia content. It also has two cameras – an 8-megapixel rear-facing zero shutter-lag camera with LED flash, 1080p video capture, intelligent camera features and facial recognition and 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera. New features designed to make the phone easier to use include:

• S Voice™ is the advanced natural language user interface that enables search and basic device-user communication. It can be used to turn the volume up or down on the music player, answer or reject incoming calls, shut off or choose to snooze the alarm clock, or take a picture by saying “smile” or “cheese.”
  • Motion simplifies the user experience by understanding the motion of the user. If the user is messaging but decides to call the person instead, they simply lift the phone to the ear and ‘Direct Call’ will dial the phone number. Motion includes quick camera access, missed event alert, double tap to top of list, screen shot, quick pause, quick rotate, turn over to mute, shake to refresh, and raise phone to ear to make a call from messaging.
  • Smart Stay uses facial recognition technology and the front-facing camera to identify the user’s eyes. Smart Stay disables screen timeout if device detects the user’s eyes are looking at the screen. Galaxy S III is “smart” enough to recognize the user is reading an e-book or browsing the web and maintains a bright display for easier viewing.

Galaxy S III also takes sharing to a new level by making it faster and easier to share pictures, videos and presentations between devices or with friends and groups of people.

• S Beam expands on Android Beam™ to enhance device-to-device sharing through NFC technology by adding the ability to share photos, videos, documents and other DRM-free content to Android Beam. This allows a 1GB file to be shared within minutes and a 10MB file within seconds by simply touching another Galaxy S III phone.
  • AllShare® Play allows users to wirelessly connect Galaxy S III to their PC, tablet or television to immediately share files, stream music, user-generated videos, photos and other DRM-free content to AllShare-enabled devices using Wi-Fi®. It also allows the user to remotely access files on up to six Samsung devices.
  • AllShare Group Cast lets the user share a presentation or photo album in real time with multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Share Shot allows photos to be easily and simultaneously shared with a group of friends directly from the camera using device-to-device Wi-Fi Direct.
29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S III - available on June 21, pre-order on June 5

will the preorder be $200/250 or will it be a 50 dollar preorder and pay the remaining when it comes out?

Wizard

I believe the full price will be charged at pre-order.

Journeyman

Is there any kinda of trade in program that would be available towards the pre-order?

Journeyman

darn, i just bought the new evo lte, now this comes out by 6/12 ugh.  of course the exchange policy has been changed to only 14 days otherwise id be ok to switch.

Journeyman

If you head out to a corporate store they can apply your trade-in to your account I believe. Or just mail out your phone to sprint in the little envelope that comes with the packaging of the evo lte.

Journeyman

I am located in Texas DFW area and was wondering specifically what time we can preorder on June 5th.  Does pre-ordering start at 12am midnight central time as in begining of June 5th or is there a specified time during the day similar to the evo lte?

Journeyman

I just want to confirm what I'm thinking, but since the launch date will be the 21st, those who pre order will receive it before then, & on the 21st of June, sprint stores and other retailers of sprint will have the phone  available?

Journeyman

I don't know,you might have to ask a sprint employee,I was asking  why those  2 colors and not black,plus I wonder if you can get the 32 GB in the store.

Journeyman

I thought that the SGSIII had a Quad-Core processor....

Journeyman

I just ordered my 16gb Galaxy S3 FINALLY, and here's what my order summary stated:

What happens next

Shipping your pre-order
We know you are dying to get your hands on it. We'll charge your card for your phone today and your Samsung Galaxy S III will be waiting in our warehouse with your name on it. We?ll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Thursday, June 21

I already have my 32gb SD card, and now I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

Journeyman

Ordered a 32gb pebble blue. Come on 6/21! And come on LTE!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat