cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S III battery life

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S III battery life

I know the battery life on smartphones generally suck for the most part.  I turn Wi-fi off when not using the net.  I use the Application Monitor to "end" apps when I'm finished using them.  Talk time is not a major issue.  Even with doing these things, my battery is draining at a ridiculous speed. 

Is anyone else having battery life issues?  Any suggestions other than keeping my phone on the charger several times a day?

Tags (1)
20 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy S III battery life

AmirsMom96,

I apologize that you are having issues with the battery life on your Galaxy III. You may want to make sure that your network settings are not set to LTE/CDMA. It should at this time be set to CDMA only. From your home screen you should select Menu> Settings> More Settings> Mobile Networks> Network mode> and make sure it is selected to CDMA and not CDMA/LTE. Please let us know if you continue to have battery issues.

Markie_B

Journeyman

Thanks for the quick response Markie B, but unfortunately my network setting was set to CDMA only.  Any other suggestions?

Wizard

Turning off WiFi is not a good idea.  IF you have a WiFi connection, always use it.  It will save tremendous battery life.  Being on Sprint's network for data will consume battery quickly.

I would not worry about using the application monitor to end apps.  You are most likely causing worse battery life by doing this, Android knows how to use resources and by ending them prematurely, you cause them to consume more power when the OS needs to restart them.

Things that kill battery life are accounts that sync like Facebook, Twitter, etc. so just be aware of those as well.  Also, make sure you are on CDMA only as Markie_B posted.

Journeyman

Thanks MMark27.  I turned on the WiFi and I'll give the app monitor a rest and see what happens.

Wizard

AmirsMom96,

You may also want to check your application settings and use the phones battery use monitor as it will also give you additional information as to what is using your battery. Even with an application monitor, you may not always be able to see what is draining your battery.

Markie_B

Message was edited by: Markie_B

Journeyman

Check to make sure GPS is Off when you're not using it. GPS will kill a battery within 3 hours.

Journeyman

my battery last over 10 hours without turning anything off

Journeyman

GPS has been off since I activated the phone....thx

Journeyman

EyeAmTJ.....do you use alot of talk time?