cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 16G LED Indicator

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S3 16G LED Indicator

Normally, the LED indicator on the front (top left corner) flashes blue when i have a missed notification. It also is on solid red when i am charging. Starting last week, the LED indicator is on solid with half red and half green.

Once it gets into this state, it will not flash blue or solid red anymore. It gets locked in. Its annoying because i really like the missed notification indicator....which is now disabled.

Does anyone know what this state means? or how to fix it? I looked through the manual and tried to search online, but i couldnt find much. I restated my phone, but the problem still exists.

I pre-orded the 16G pebble blue model.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 16G LED Indicator

I should add, i have the "charging" and "missed event" checked on in the LED indicator settings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried looking it up, but there is not a lot of info about this phone in sprints tools yet. The first thing that I would do is try a power cycle.

• Turn off your phone.
  • Remove the battery.
  • Leave it out for 10-30 seconds, then put it back in.
  • Turn the phone back on.

This doesnt do the (exact) same thing as just rebooting the phone.

If that doesnt do the trick try to delete your cache and your dalvik cache. If you get stuck on this, google is your friend.

Journeyman

Great! Thanks for the tip....i'll try that and see if that works.

Journeyman

Ok, I feel a bit stupid but I figured it out.

The 1/2green 1/2red LED is from my google+ account telling me pictures or videos have been instantly uploaded to my account. Once I acknowledge the notification, the LED goes back to normal. The google+ app by default is set to upload instantly anytime a picture is taken from my phone.

....didnt realize installed apps could show a unique notificaiton using the LED of the phone

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat