cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 International vs. Sprint

Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 International vs. Sprint

I certainly understand your concern here.  Have two models of the same phone with different hardware in them is an invitation to  other problems.  It is simpler from the logistics and support point of view to have only the one model.   With two I can see my self trying to explain to someone who purchased the quad core why they can't use lte when there friends device does.  Explaining hardware limitations is one of the hardest things we have to do.   

Journeyman

Is it perfect? No. Is it awesome? Yes. Also I believe there can be LTE roaming once sprint gets contracts in place for that. LTE is more prevelent now than WiMax ever was and is only expanding. So you're much more likely to to see LTE. I live in Baltimore, the first city to get WiMax and I almost never use it. Anyway since Sprint is pushing their new LTE network it makes no marketing sense for them to have a non-LTE flagship phone. Also the krait dual core beat the exynos quad core is several benchmarks inside and HTC One. So with the extra ram it's going to be even more comprabale.

p.s. In Korea they are realeasing a quad-core LTE version. But the LTE chip is seperate and it will have terrible battery life

Journeyman ZZG
Journeyman

I am curious to find out if Sprint will unlock the global roaming feature as Verizon has gone on the record as promising in the near future.  The radio in the GSamsung Galaxy S3 must be similar to what Verizon has, right?

Journeyman

No a verizion radio is designed to work on their cdma spectrum. and also with a software update will enable 2g and 3g gsm roaming. i'm almost certain that sprint's radio doesn't have that capability

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also i think the biggest note about the US version is it will have 2 GBs of RAM compared ot the 1 GB on the international version... thats what I am most looking forward too...

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.