cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - not getting text or phone calls(calls going to voicemail)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S3 - not getting text or phone calls(calls going to voicemail)

I also posted this on the end of a thread from someone else having the same problem.

Phone will not receive text or phone calls(callers go straight to voicemail).  If I make a call or reboot, then I will get text and calls for a little while.  This is happening on 3 different Samsung Galaxy 3, mine  my wife's, and my daughters.  Sprint sent a replacement phone for my wife and one is on the way for me.  Last night I activated her new phone and this morning(Sept. 8, 2013) it's not receiving text or calls.  If I make a call or send a text from her phone then everything works correct for a little while.  We have been having this issue for over a month now.  I've talked to several technicians.  They always want to reboot....(how many reboots should one have to do in a day?)  That works for a few hours.  They all want to do software updates, dial this ##SCRTN#, check for tower outages, pull the battery, and finally we were getting new phones to fix issue.  After changing my wife's phone over last night, to the replacement phone, and still having the same issue, I don't have much confidence.  We have two locations that this is happening, North of Houston(Willis, TX) and South of Houston(Friendswood, TX).

I also have a daughter that lives near Dallas.  She visited a few weeks ago and her G3 did the same thing while at the Willis location, but not while she is in Dallas.

This has to be a Sprint system or network problem!!!  This is now 4 phones with the same problem.  My replacement phone will be arriving next week and I would put money on it that there will be at least 5 phones not working in these areas (that I know about).

2 cross streets of both locations:

Willis, TX 77318 - Cude Cemetery and FM 830

Friendswood, TX 77546 - FM 528 and FW 518

Anyone have any suggestions?  Please help.

33 REPLIES

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - not getting text or phone calls(calls going to voicemail)

JKRATLIFF-

Good afternoon and thanks so much for posting your concern! This issue certainly sounds frustrating!! If multiple devices are experiencing the same issue within the same location, it's incredibly unlikely to be device related. This particular issue sounds network related. Do you by chance know when this first started, or a ballpark figure of when it did? Lastly, are you by chance using an Airave (signal booster) at the impacted address?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - not getting text or phone calls(calls going to voicemail)

First started the first week of August.  Not using any kind of signal booster.  Getting strong signal (5 bars with 4G on all 4 phones) at both locations.  My new replacement phone will be here Tues/Wed.  I will try to change over this next weekend.  Wife's new replacement phone is still intermittently not receiving text or calls.  She has to reboot, make a call, or send a text in order to receive text or calls for a few hours.  The problem is you don't know when it's not working.

Thanks for your help.

Here is a thread with similar problems...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/631026#631026

JKRATLIFF-

Thanks for the speedy reply! I went ahead and marked the location for our engineers and provided them with the detail from your original post. Do you know if this started around mid-end of July? Also, do you have any issues with making calls or sending text messages?

Thanks,

William

Journeyman

Could have been late July, don't recall.  No problem making calls or sending text.  Problem is only with receiving.

Thanks for the quick response and help.

Just to make sure you are aware it is happening at two locations....

#1 - Willis, TX 77318 - Cude Cemetery and FM 830

#2 - Friendswood, TX 77546 - FM 528 and FM 518

JKRATLIFF-

I'm here to help, no thanks necessary! I logged both addresses. Have you recently changed your price plan or anything of that nature? The reason I ask is if you recently changed your rate plan, this "may be" associated with a provisioning issue, which we can refresh on our end.

Thanks,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

No changes to plans....

If it helps... here is an EnterActionID # 36143360

Not sure if that helps or not,  but I was given that number during some of the troubleshooting calls.

Also, I think all the phones were reprovisioned.

JKRATLIFF-

Thanks again for the reply! I would assume that your devices were re-provisioned as that is generally a standard troubleshooting step. Let's give it a couple of days, like I said, I did mark the location(s) as problematic. Please touch base with me in a couple of days to keep me updated if there has/hasn't been any improvement.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi JKRATLIFF,

I live really close to that location and even drive to work in the morning sometimes between FM 518 and FM528 in Friendswood. I will keep an eye out tomorrow and see if I can replicate the same problem like you. I know that in Friendswood (especially close to Baybrook Mall), the signal has always been spotty. In fact, further down the road on FM528 and Bay Area Blvd, the signal is very slow. I was getting pizza one day and had to wait so I tested the signal on speedtest. Back in July, one test showed a download of 213kbps and upload of 28kbps with a ping of 203ms. Even at the Sprint store on Bay Area, I have had poor signal walking outside of the building. Good luck and I hope that you get your situation fixed. I know it is frustrating to have your phone acting all wacky and such.

Journeyman

I live in Maine and have experienced the SAME problems...I just keep being offered a new phone but of the same type. Problem is still the same!  When I have called over the last 2 months I was told there are working on the towers in my area. But my phone freezes, calls go straight to VM, texts aren't beiong received. My plan is due to end after 2 years and am thinking of another carrier if I can't get support myself

Journeyman

HI, i also live in Willis, pretty close to the same location. i just started having this problem probably around beginning of August. but my mom, who has the same phone on a seperate plan has been having this issue since, at least June. she took her phone to sprint today and they did the ## thing.

Journeyman

I have also been experiencing this exact same issue at Lake Conroe near Montgomery, TX (just west of Willis, TX).  I just spent the past 4 days there and even though the phone indicates almost full bars of service (as it usually does there), I received no voice calls (calls go straight to voice mail) and text messages and notification of voice mail were only received sporadically and in large number all at once (I received no text messages on Thursday, but then received 8 mesages from various people all at 5:48am on Friday).  Then no text messages or calls again until Saturday afternoon.  I'm typically only up there on the weekends, but I've noticed this issue the past few weekends.  Its getting very frustrating as the only way I can reliably communicate on my phone when I'm there is via email as my phone connects to our wireless internet router in the house.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!