Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 problem with Airave

Patron

Samsung Galaxy S3 problem with Airave

Samsung Galaxy S3 has been having a problem connecting to Airave. After calling Sprint, walking through with them shutting off roaming, turning on and off airplane mode, and other trouble shooting options. I found that it was still an issue. My other phone Apple IPhone has no issue with Airave.. One day by accident I discovered  that if you shut off wifi on the Samsung Galaxy S3 the connection to the airave is great all the time. So I thought I would post this if anyone else is having this issue. I think its because the Samsung Galaxy S3 is capable of making wifi calls and chooses that over Airave. I know that Sprint has not turned that feature on for this phone but other carriers have. Any hope this helps with anyone else having issue with Airave and their phone. I would think that this would work for other phones but I don't have them to test this.

23 REPLIES 23
Patron

Anyway hope this helps. If this fixes your issue please post here also.

Patron

Please add a reply if this works for you.

Master

samsung3airrave, 

Thank you for posting and for providing feedback in regards to this situation. Just to clarify, were you able to connect to the Airave prior to having these issues? Does your device have all the most recent updates on it? Have you visited a Sprint service and repair center to have your device looked at? Please let us know, we are more than happy to help. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Master

samsung3airrave,

Thank you so much for posting your findings!  I'm sure this will be very useful for other customers, and will greatly appreciate you bringing this up.  Please feel free to post any additional information you may come across.

*Shannon

Social Media

Master

samsung3airrave,

Thanks for adding this helpful info. Please let me know if there is anything that I can look into for you. I am here to help. Have a great day!

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

Make sure its a 2.5 model

GrandMaster

my brother and moms S3 connect up to the airave just fine..with wifi on...it might just be one of those random issues youre seeing..neither of them have said anything to me about it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I use my S3 with WiFi on all the time with no regular issues.

GrandMaster

are you also running on an airave?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I've had an Airave for about 3 years, just this past 6 months I have the newer 2.5 version.  Pretty much acts like the old one.  The issues I'm referring to are Airave specific though like Mobile Light blinking Red even after a reset, etc.  Nothing of real value for this thread.

GrandMaster

you have the antenna cable added and the antenna put into a window? if not try that..if you do have it connected then swap windows to the opposite side of the house if possible..try to pull a bit of signal from hopefully a different tower.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat