Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 software update - version L710TVPU0AOF2

Highlighted

Enhancements/Fixes:

• Factory Reset Protection - Samsung Security Enhancements integrated into the  startup wizard.

Important information:

• Phased deployment of this software update starts on 7/10/15 and should be completed by 8/6/15
  • Customer Care does not have access to dates of when individual devices will receive the update, so please do not call asking - Thanks!
  • For additional info, check out the software update article found in Support
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 software update - version L710TVPU0AOF2

Hi,

Do the security fixes include patches for Stage Fright?

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an S3 and I haven't gotten any kind of update. Bunch of bs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can Sprint please let us know when the Stagefright patch will be rolled out to Galaxy S3 devices?  I have seen the limited list of your priority device rollouts, but there is no mention of the S3.

Thanks

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its still incoming. and that list isnt due to priorities..thats just how the manufacturers are rolling them out. if it went by priorities then the HTC One M9 would have received it before the M7 did.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

which update is your phone on currently? and which S3 do you have? the original or the tri band version?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

That's good to hear.

Software version: L710VPUDNJ2

Hardware version: L710.14

Android version:  4.4.2

My phone model # is SPHL710WTK.  Doe that tell you whether it is triband or not?

Thanks

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yeah you have the original S3...non tri band...if i were to guess i would say the stagefright update will be pushed to you guys within the next week roughly but again this all depends on the manufacturer of that device..in this case Samsung.

yeah if you look at your software version and the one posted above for the thread title you'll see it shows L710VP compared to the one above that shows L710TVP...the T is for tri band...ditto with your model number..if im remembering right it would show as SPHL710T then the rest of those letters.

all the updates the non spark capable tri band device has had so far

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Samsung-Galax...

all the ones the tri band version has had.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Samsung-Galax...

notice the T

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it.   Thanks so much for explaining!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

no worries. it was a bit confusing when they first kicked out the spark versions

Highlighted
Journeyman

You guys better look and see what the updates are doing to our S3's in the next forum over before you decide to install 😕

Highlighted
GrandMaster

this update has nothing to do with the last update to be pushed..this one is from about a month ago and has nothing to do with the stagefright update.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat