cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 will be STUCK in 3G until Sprint switches to 4G LTE.

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 will be STUCK in 3G until Sprint switches to 4G LTE.

I'm happy with my Samsung Galaxy S III inspite of it's just currently on 3G netowrk.  Eventually, 4G LTE will be available soon.  I'm just happy that I still have unlimited data with Sprint.  I've been with AT&T for more than 10 years but I don't like how they slows down your data access eventhough you have an unlimited data. 

Wizard

I never said that Sprint shouldn't have gotten this phone. To each their own, I just thought it was funny.  I'm leaving Sprint in a couple months so I don't care what Sprint does. I just thought it was funny becasue these are the same people who couldn't wait for just the tracking number. Anyway, whatever.

Journeyman

i live in the middle of prime miami, and this 3g is terrible....my phone is 1 bar at home on downtime 32% percent of the day. it takes me 20 minutes of running around the house to send a text lol...quite frustrating. Im actually considering using these 14 days and trading this in.

Theres going to be a lot of angry people. this phone is great, but not worth not getting callls half the day and speedtests of .02mbps. BTW my highest around town...i mean alllll around town were 1.3 mbps

Wizard

See the signal strength thread.  It's not lack of LTE but most likely poor antenna strength just like the problemms in the sgs2 and the Galaxy Nexus.  Seems the newer Samsung phones have signal strength issues.  Add to that the slow sprint 3G network and you have yourself a return situation. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a iPhone 4s that only had crappy 3G, so now with the S3 I have same crappy 3G, with the potential of 4G LTE this year or next. (Hopefully)

Journeyman

I currently have the Rumor Touch which isn't really a smart phone.  I can access the internet, facebook etc but it it rather limited.  Will the S3 be worse that that?  Does the fact that the phone is for 4G LTE yet nly have 3G make it slower than the current 3G with my Rumor Touch?  Does having 3G now effect the ability to get and use the apps?  My sister has an HTC phone in the Omaha, NE area and that phone seems to operate quickly enough...if the S3 would work like that I'd be fine.

Wizard

From an internet access standpoint on wifi most any smartphone is better than the rumor feature phone, however, you'll pay the extra $10 mo. smartphone fee for a much more feature rich device, however, many, folks are having problems with 3G signal strength and even worse there's the general inability to make a call or send a text in areas other phones used to work.  Also, a lot of complaints about roaming.  I'd wait a bit for some of these issues to get cleared up.  Also remember the SGS2 still has problems for many users and that's been out since last fall. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

I'm still using my SGSII until LTE is turned on here in Houston

Journeyman

I do not have the samsung galaxy s3 yet . have to wait till august 1st 2012 for my upgrade date. hopefully they will have some by then. as far as the 4gLTE I hope they get it in my area this time.... I currently have the samsung epic 4g and have NEVER experienced the 4g network at all because it was never in my area but in surrunding areas like richmond, va etc.... I have been a sprint customer for a long time and i am kind of at my wits end not even being able to use the original 4g. I was always told by sprint i will have it soon and it never happened. Im afraid if they dont get the 4glte in my area this time around when my original contract is up I might be compelled to go elsewhere and pay a little more for service so i can have the 4G LTE.  They should not sell phones with 4g or 4glte capable if they dont have that service in certain areas. people expect to be able to use it and is very disappointing when they cant use it and have to stay on 3g.  and or dont offer the phones with that capability until it is actually physically up and running in your area. Well, that is my 2 cents.

I was originally told I would get 4G within 4 months of getting my EVO 4g near launch day and I'm still waiting. I didn't mind it until the 3G service started slowing down last year and the roaming coverage also took a dive. Maybe thats why Sprint choose to sell Apple - as long as people have their Prada phone they'll be happy. (I know there are a lot of unhappy Iphone users at Sprint so don't flame me) The sad part is I was OK with the original 3G service and would have not complained about the lack of 4G but its getting harder all the time to call my gs2 a "smart phone" its soooo slow anymore.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.