Sprint is sending me an new Airave 2.5 as well as today they reactivated my phone OFF the Airvana model I have and once I turned it back on the problem reappeared. The Airave (later I chatted to) tech person said the new model is the solution.
However if the reactivation works for you, good luck.
I'll try to remember to post which model Airave I have, but I can say that all my problems went away after they did a complete deactivate/reactivate on my device. I think that is where their problems are coming from, either the devices are activating properly, or when doing a transfer of service from one phone to another something did complete properly.
We finally received a new Airave. It is version 2.5 and it is labeled so right on the front of the device. Fixed all our problems. I suggest you all request one.
I am so aggravated that I would have to buy a device to get my phone to function correctly. I shouldnt have to consider an airave to make my phone do what its suppose to... but what else am I going to do. Sprint is no help. If anyones got other suggestions I have posted a new thread with my issues @ http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/96736 :/
Another S III user here with an Airave unable to send texts. I receive them just fine, but am given error code 97 when attempting to send a text.
Funny thing is I had my Airave disconnected for a few weeks since it was causing more problems than fixing. I got a nice post card from Sprint reminding me that I should be using my Airave. If I don't, I need to send it back (understandable) or start using the device.
Kind of ironic that a device meant to improve cellular reception prevents my S III from working properly and I will get dinged if I don't use the Airave.
Hi, I had the same issue. Error code:3... I called Sprint and was told to update profile? Nothing. I was told to check and make sure it was set on CDMA.
That was my problem? I had to set it to the proper setting and power off for a few seconds. Working since.
Same issue with Airave connections on new S3. I get delayed incoming messages (sometimes hours or days), sometime they repeat every hour, and for outgoing message I get Code 97. After 5th call, CS did reset on my Airave and told me to manually reset device every so often as new patch to Airave was delayed. Reseting it takes it back to factory settings but i guess it occasionlayy updates and then causes issue again. They said they would notify Airave user with email on patch.
I understand. They are very poor at providing timely information to their own reps. Just look at all the misinformation they provided to other users on this forum. There's no update for this and it happens on most any smartphone not just Samsung. It doesn't happen ALL the time but the problem manifests itself often enough that we've notified all our people to be aware of this issue and take appropriate steps to avoid the possibility by activating with the airrave off.
Also, you can test connectivity to nearby Airraves by turning yours off before you swap devices. If you get a signal at all you can make a call and if you get that airrave tone you're connected to one. For most folks with an Airrave the areas are rarely hotbeds of Sprint customers.
For the record, they never provided the instructions. And I'm pretty sure my phone was connected to my Airave at the time, but made sure it wasn't during my second activation.
The tricky part is, if you neighbor has an Airave you could still connect to theirs. To stop this, you'd have to call Sprint to put a block on your phone so doesn't connect to anoter Airave.
This is exactly what I posted in posts 10 & 12. You should NOT do new activations or swaps when connected to an Airrave and if you've previously done so you will need to re-run the activation when not connected to the Airrave.