I don't know if changing the MSID is the same as deactivating and reactivating the phone but I will call Sprint. Is it?
They did deactivate and reactivate my phone twice while NOT on the Airave before sending me the new Airave that they assured me would cure the problem.
Obvioulsy it did not.
Just weird that it is random...
Latest from Sprint Tech:
There is an issue even with the new Airave too. They are working with the manufacturer on a software upgrade.
They pushed some update to me but say it may not work (and to unplug/plug Airware later if issue reappears).
He said changing the MSID is not the solution (and I have had my phone deactivated and reactivated several times).
My experience is random even I do not reset the Airave....
Seems like they are still floundering a bit and I hope it is an issue with the Airware software.
Not sure why I had issues the other night OFF the Airware but they say it could have been a network issue with Verizon.
I'd say there is something more going on that their first level techs don't know. Because you are describing having issues outside of the Airave now.
One step I neglected to mention when I went through the reactivation process. After they deactivated my phone, I did a full reset on my phone (which I didn't want to do).
I'm guessing you might have tried this since they tried to do the deactivate/reactivate several times now, but thought I'd mention that just in case.
So far I've still be fortunate enough to have had no further issues, phone works fine on and off the Airave for all voice and data services.
Alas, this method did not work for my S III and Airave.
I tried it a few times over a few days with no luck. Sometimes, I would unplug the Airave and get one bar and my text messages would POUR in from all day long.
It seems that after connecting to the Airave and working for a beat text messages and calls would freeze until I get home or reboot the phone. This is rare; happens maybe once a week. But it only happens after connecting to the Airave.
Something is wrong. I was away (OFF the Airave all day) and i got messages randomly sent to me from yesterday.
And i sent a text in the morning and the reply came in 8 hours later (my friend texted me the time he replied).
I will let Spring tech know Monday when they call me to check on the issue.
They called me back yesterday and wondered if the new Airaave software pushed worked and I let them know it did not.
They then said they would push more software.... hmm...
With each issue you write here you are describing the exact same things that happened to me.
This makes me think they didn't do the same thing to you they did for me, they lied to you (concerning resetting the phone), or you haven't gotten the right tech who can follow the correct procedure.
In any case their next most likely step will be to blame your phone.
Thanks for insight.
It is just odd how they can say the Airave is causing the issues when I sometimes do not get Texts when NOT on the Airware. However I can send Texts just fine OFF the Airave.
I will mention it to them again about resetting the MSID.
Maybe they did not when they had me reactivate my phone.
So tonight they reset my MSID. They said it was ok on the Airave and had me turn off WiFi.
All I did was Update Profile.
Funny things text out and in worked fine (to myself) earlier today... but the issue seems random.
We will see what happens....
Thanks for posting that. I was having the same problem and so i did what you said and went where there was only normal, non airrave coverage and updated the profile on my s3. texting on my sgs3 works now over the airrave.
I don't have the airave that you all are discussing....but I do get the same error code quite often on my galaxy s3.... this leads me to believe it may have nothing to do with your airave. This could explain why a few people have said that they have problems away from it... just thought I'd mention. I came upon this thread when searching in google to see if others were having issues... it really is obnoxious.
I agree, I also described having multiple issues, some while on an Airave, and others when not on the Airave. However, I only got the error code 97 while on the Airave. The strange issues I would have OFF the Airave included:
1. Able to send text and make phone calls, rarely receive any phone calls (random sometimes I would)
2. Text messages would be received multiple times, but they could ones from days before or anytime during the day. (Example: Someone sends me a text in the morning say at 8 am, I didn't get the text until I was at home back on the Airave until 11 pm. OR I might get it sometime the next day around 4pm, and I will get it multiple times.)
1. Unable to send text messages, always getting error code 97.
2. Able to received messages, but not timely and usually multiple times. Some of these messages might be from several days before that I had already received.
What resloved my issues have been posted earlier, but I felt it would be a good idea to put in a little more detail about the issues I saw in hopes it might provide an idea on steps to take for a resolution.
2 weeks after the new MSID and things seem to work fine
I was talking with a higher level tech in IL (I think they said central time zone) so maybe that had more info than the folks I talked with earlier and whom had "reset" my phone. They even called me back a few times to check on me.