cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)

Something is wrong.  I was away (OFF the Airave all day) and i got messages randomly sent to me from yesterday.

And i sent a text in the morning and the reply came in 8 hours later (my friend texted me the time he replied).

I will let Spring tech know Monday when they call me to check on the issue.

They called me back yesterday and wondered if the new Airaave software pushed worked and I let them know it did not.

They then said they would push more software.... hmm...

Wizard

@dezmo97

With each issue you write here you are describing the exact same things that happened to me.

This makes me think they didn't do the same thing to you they did for me, they lied to you (concerning resetting the phone), or you haven't gotten the right tech who can follow the correct procedure.

In any case their next most likely step will be to blame your phone.

Journeyman

Thanks for insight.

It is just odd how they can say the Airave is causing the issues when I sometimes do not get Texts when NOT on the Airware. However I can send Texts just fine OFF the Airave.

I will mention it to them again about resetting the MSID.

Maybe they did not when they had me reactivate my phone.

Journeyman

So tonight they reset my MSID. They said it was ok on the Airave and had me turn off WiFi.

All I did was Update Profile.

Funny things text out and in worked fine (to myself) earlier today... but the issue seems random.

We will see what happens....

Journeyman

Thanks for posting that. I was having the same problem and so i did what you said and went where there was only normal, non airrave coverage and updated the profile on my s3. texting on my sgs3 works now over the airrave.

Journeyman

I don't have the airave that you all are discussing....but I do get the same error code quite often on my galaxy s3.... this leads me to believe it may have nothing to do with your airave. This could explain why a few people have said that they have problems away from it... just thought I'd mention. I came upon this thread when searching in google to see if others were having issues... it really is obnoxious.

Wizard

@ JoshS.

I agree, I also described having multiple issues, some while on an Airave, and others when not on the Airave.  However, I only got the error code 97 while on the Airave.  The strange issues I would have OFF the Airave included:

1. Able to send text and make phone calls, rarely receive any phone calls (random sometimes I would)

2. Text messages would be received multiple times, but they could ones from days before or anytime during the day.  (Example: Someone sends me a text in the morning say at 8 am, I didn't get the text until I was at home back on the Airave until 11 pm. OR I might get it sometime the next day around 4pm, and I will get it multiple times.)

On Airave:

1. Unable to send text messages, always getting error code 97.

2. Able to received messages, but not timely and usually multiple times. Some of these messages might be from several days before that I had already received.

What resloved my issues have been posted earlier, but I felt it would be a good idea to put in a little more detail about the issues I saw in hopes it might provide an idea on steps to take for a resolution.

Highlighted
Journeyman

2 weeks after the new MSID and things seem to work fine

I was talking with a higher level tech in IL (I think they said central time zone) so maybe that had more info than the folks I talked with earlier and whom had "reset" my phone.  They even called me back a few times to check on me.

Good luck!

Journeyman

The airplane mode Airave reset didn't work for me.  It was worth a try but it didn't work.  I had the same problem.  No outgoing texts on Galaxy 3S when in range of Airave. I unplugged Airave and texting worked fine.  Plugged it back in and no texting again.  Voice calls worked whether Airave was on or off but obviously only had 1 bar with Airave off.  I called Sprint Airave Tech support and they talked me through a quick reset of Airave.  Not a unplug and plug back in type reset....but a unplug all devices including modem and router and plug back in Airave and then put a paper clip in the Airave reset hole for 45 seconds and then plug in the remaining devices.  All phones texting work perfectly now.  Call Sprint Airave support and have them talk you through the reset. The guy I talked to knew exactly what I was talking about and knew exactly how to fix it.  It took 5 minutes and all is good again.

Wizard

FLYBOYKRAMER1 wrote:

The airplane mode Airave reset didn't work for me.  It was worth a try but it didn't work.  ###################I had the same problem.  No outgoing texts on Galaxy 3S when in range of Airave. I unplugged Airave and texting worked fine.  Plugged it back in and no texting again.  Voice calls worked whether Airave was on or off but obviously only had 1 bar with Airave off.  I called Sprint Airave Tech support and they talked me through a quick reset of Airave.  Not a unplug and plug back in type reset....but a unplug all devices including modem and router and plug back in Airave and then put a paper clip in the Airave reset hole for 45 seconds and then plug in the remaining devices.  All phones texting work perfectly now.  Call Sprint Airave support and have them talk you through the reset. The guy I talked to knew exactly what I was talking about and knew exactly how to fix it.  It took 5 minutes and all is good again.

I'm so glad to hear that your Airave services are back up and running again.    For future reference, a factory reset of the Airave is something that you can do yourself.  There is a small pinhole reset button on the back of the Airave.  You'll need something small like a pen tip or a paperclip.  Hold that button for 30 seconds, the lights should go off then start blinking again.  Wait 30 min -1 hour for provisioning and try to send your text again.  If you have this issue again, I would perform these steps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.