cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S3

Poor signal with the Samsung Galaxy S3 ---

I switched from the HTC EVO 4G & have noticed the signal with the Galaxy S3 is poor, My phone goes into roaming inside my house & at times outside in my front yard. This was never a issue with my EVO, Sprint is sending me a AIRAVE I believe.

30 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

I am having the same issue.  have you seen any change?  mine is running CDMA only.  have you taken your to get a diagnostic?

Journeyman

Just got my S3 yesterday and same issue here... usually have 1-2 bars at most, frequently roaming, etc.  Before this I had the Evo4G and only had 2-3 spots where I'd go into roaming in my typical day.  Now even in my house I'm roaming.  At first I thought this was secondary to some big thunderstorms we've had but now I'm doubting it. 

Journeyman

Im having the same issue, I can't even stream music from google play without 1/3 of my trip being compeletely silent because of poor 3g coverage. I had a an OG Evo 4g and always used 3g and its 3g speed is noticeably faster than my galaxy s3.

Journeyman

I just got my phone Sunday and have been noticing the same problem. My brother has the original Evo and he can stand next to me and has 3-4 bars and i have nothing....starting to wonder if this phone has to go back and that would suck becuase this phone rocks.

GrandMaster

you might want to change your screen name away from something that has your personal email. just a FYI...im surprised one of the sprint peeps in here hasnt already hit you about this

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm having MAJOR issues with my connectivity as well. My husband has a new iPhone S4 and has more bars than myself when we stand next to each other. I'm in the 55912 area. I checked my street-level coverage and it says "max", but hasn't been updated since 6/28/12...and it's obviously wrong. I had several dropped calls today which I NEVER had with my Evo. If this isn't fixed within the next couple of days, I'm going to be returning this awesome new phone for either a new Evo or iPhone. This phone's beautiful and is very user-friendly, but NOT WORTH THE FRUSTRATION!

Journeyman

All I did was update my profile & Prl & now I have no problems. I have an airave at my house but I needed it for my evo too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update, downloaded a data test app called speed test.  In the Pittsburgh area where I live I've been having test speeds ranging from 5 kbps to 100 kbps both of which are absolutely horrible.  I went to the sprint store did the test on my S3 and the Evo 4g LTE and at the store they were pretty similar both around 700 kbps although the EVO was higher on average with 800 kpbs.  Not sure what to do, but I figured I would give the S3 another week or so, if it doesn't get any better I will have to switch to the EVO, its ashame becuase I really like this phone.

Side Note: Updated PRL, profile, data reset.... and nothing worked.  Sorry I've been jabbering about the 3g (figured it was a similar issue).  My signal is also consistantly low, although I only had one dropped call and one random voicemail.

Journeyman

I have confirmed that the 3g reception is for sure a very week link on the SGSIII I moved from an EVO 4g and was so sick that Sprint fell flat on really rolling out 4g. I travel extensively  and was in usable 4g about 1/2 of 1 percent of my time. I am not sure what to do now, the tables have turned  with weakness prone 3g but but not knowing how extensive is Sprint going to come thru for me with 4g? They have already taken so long, will they replace all existing 3g with 4g or leave 3g to what they consider the fringe, but that is where I would be without any service as I move about. I would hate to be locked into a contract and later forced to buy a phone after my contract is up out of desperation to get service back? I identify greatly with Tulyp222 as my wife has the iPhone and hers works as mine has no signal and drops data or whatever I am doing. I love many things about SGSIII by have expanding concerns, If I return this phone I will feel sick as I held such high hope of a phone that was exactly what I was waiting for only to have a very smacking letdown. Reception is everything!!!

It would be great if a Sprint moderator dropped in and remarked regarding Spring 4G LTE intentions and foreseeable action plan.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.