cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

I had the Galaxy S3 (Blue 32 GB) for a week. I wasn't able to send texts from my office, but was able to with my old EVO 3D. I was often roaming in areas that my EVO 3D hadn't been as well. The WiFi would also cut in and out as well. I updated the profile and PRL, and also turned off roaming guards. Nothing helped.

I traded it in during the 14 day trial period for the EVO LTE. I now have comparable connectivity to what I had on the EVO 3D. I loved the S3 as it was an absolutely amazing multimedia device, it just didn't function well as a phone.

Journeyman

I had to take mine back and I got an Evo 4g LTE and the difference in signal strength is huge!! I would always roam in areas I should not be and this new Evo LTE is just as fast if not faster spec wise its about the same. There are some features i will miss from the GS3 but nothing i cant get over for having a phone that I can make calls on and use the data on without issue now. I have not had any of the Time Zone issues or Wifi issues the other person posted about. I traded this in on the 7th so maybe I have an updated phone but no issue's with this phone what so ever!!!

Journeyman

I bought te Evo LTE and let me tell You all I don't know who Came out sito te brillant  idea of building an inetrnal battery right by the ear piece on the evo LTE my ear was burning hit after making a five minute phone call,the I switch to the galaxy III and I love, I have no issues at all but the EVO LTE what a huge disappointment ......

Journeyman

I 've been with sprint for 13 years and I really love the first EVO but the other EVO 3D and this lates one 4 LTE

Are a completely failure drop calls, phone kept shoting on and off and got very hot after a few minutes into a phone call

Journeyman

Similar signal issues with regards to 3G.  Its always been semi - weak in and around my house, but was bearable with the Iphone4s.  The other phones  EVO, Nexus 4G, Galaxy S2 and S3 is extremely poor causing me to miss calls frequently.  Current phone is the Galaxy S3.  I'm under the general assumption at this point that HTC and Samsung are using crappy antenna's in the phones.

Journeyman

What's the deal?  Are they going to send out a patch or do they expect us to be fine with a phone that sucks?  This problem has persisted for weeks.  At this point I would take my EVO 4G over this piece of garbage.  Yo Sprint, this is your forum, right?  Well let's get some answers.

Journeyman

If you bought the SIII and the 4G LTE is not up and running in your area then yes you will have better service from a SII or EVO 4G.

Wow that is not good. I'm really sorry you are experiencing this with your new LTE device!  How long ago did your purchase your devcice?

Monica

Journeyman

I got my S3 on June 23rd & I have not had any problems with reception or the phone. I love it. I am in Milwaukee & no LTE yet.

Journeyman

Can you stream music when utilizing mobile data only?  Pandora or Slacker for example?  How about downloading files?  Seems to be a prevalent issue that a lot of us so unfortunate to have made the mistake of purchasing an S3 can't.

That's not good..definitely want to research further for you.  HTC and Samsung have made great devices thus far.  I would like to research your  area to verify what could be causing your weak signal with your devices.  Please send information via private message and will be more than happy to research for you.

Monica

Journeyman

It depends on where I am because some places the signal isn't strong enough. But I use WIFI alot. Can't wait for LTE.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat