cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3

30 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

Well if 4g LTE is not up & running in your area that is what you will get from the S3 without using wifi. You need 4g LTE for the S3 or wifi  & the 4s is a 3g phone. Find a Sprint store with like demo phones and test the 3g vs the 4g phones and find out when the 4g LTE service will be available!

Journeyman

I know this is an old thread. I just switched over to sprint from at&t. I got the samsung galaxy s3 for my new phone. With at&t I had an iphone 3gs. The phone was awesome speeds were good and videos streamed effortlessly. Unfortunately the data got used up quick and 200$ bills were not cool. I decided to go to sprint since they offered unlimited, and had the iphone 4s. Well I left with the galaxy because of the features and I had an android before with at&t and it was a good phone. The galaxy sucks balls. I am already taking it back to exchange it for an iphone 4s. Every video constantly buffers no matter if its a 1 minute vid or a 30 minute vid. I am on youtube all the time, and this video wont play anything, so much for that 1080p bullsh**t. I am hoping the iphone is a lot better, I'm also worried ive just signed up with a shitty cell service for two years, unlimited data or not.

Journeyman

The AIRAVE did correct the issues in my home, but if I'm outside away from it. the signal level sucks...

Sprint/Samsung.........get this fixed!!

Journeyman

Pwolz, did the AIRAVE fix the "lost data connection" issue?  Thanks.

Journeyman

I am hoping that you will be able to help me also,.  I live in Missouri 63376 zip.  I also bought the Galaxy S3 and 7 days after I got it, I took it to the store for help,.  They said it was defective and swapped it out.  Now, 2 weeks after that, I am still having the same problem with phone #2..  I have received the Air Rave and will hook it up tomorrow and hopefully that will help here, but what about when I am out and about.  The phone constantly tells me it has "no date connectivity" and there are no bars showing.  Neither of the phones will connect to the Wi-Fi in my home, but of course at the Sprint store, it all worked fine.

Journeyman

I purchased the S3 August 1st. I noticed immediatly that the signal strength was much weaker than my EVO 4G. I called Sprint. I took my phone to the Sprint store so they could run diagnostics. Sprint claimed that the phone was working fine. I decided to return the S3.  I was dropping calls alot and data was unusable unless I was on WIFI. I had never had a problem with the EVO even tho I usually only get 3G service.

I am happy that I returned the S3. I re-flashed my EVO with a new ROM and I bought the evo a larger SD card.  Its running better than new now. I won't be upgrading this time around. In a year all my phones will be off contract. I am looking to move to another carrier. Three people in my office have S3's on ATT.  The ATT S3 is cabable of 3G, 4GLTE AND 4G. Also they are not having the 3G issues even when they are in 3G areas.

Journeyman

I am also getting very poor signal with my new Samsung S3.  I have sent emails and called sprint support with no resolution.  My last phone was an HTC Evo 4g and it had great signal and voice quality.  My new phone roams all the time and I'm told it sounds horrible.  Has anyone been able to get this issue resolved?  Is sprint listening?  Do they really care?  I have been a customer of sprint/Nextel for 13 years and the amount of time I have spent on this issue makes me want to leave for another service. 

Journeyman

It depends on where I am because some places the signal isn't strong enough. But I use WIFI alot. Can't wait for LTE.

That's not good..definitely want to research further for you.  HTC and Samsung have made great devices thus far.  I would like to research your  area to verify what could be causing your weak signal with your devices.  Please send information via private message and will be more than happy to research for you.

Monica

Journeyman

Can you stream music when utilizing mobile data only?  Pandora or Slacker for example?  How about downloading files?  Seems to be a prevalent issue that a lot of us so unfortunate to have made the mistake of purchasing an S3 can't.