Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

Same Here. Great Siginal on EVO 1 bar or none on S3 US HWY 1 Southern Pines NC

GrandMaster

if your screen name is also your phone number you might want to change that seeing as how this is a public forum and now EVERYONE knows it lol..

more a FYI than anything.

anywho...for those of you having the signal issues..post your zip and closest cross streets so tower issues can be ruled out or not..DO NOT POST YOUR PHYSICAL ADDRESS

Journeyman

I upgraded to the Samsung S3 from my Evo.  Signal was great on my Evo even on 3G.  Now with the S3, I'm getting "No Internet Connection Try Again" very frequently and text messages fail often.  I'm getting 1 to no signal bars where I used to have at least 3 or full strength on my Evo.    Is there any fix / something that can be done - perhaps a free replacement to another type of phone from Sprint?

Journeyman

I am considering using my old EVO instead of this s3 becuase of these problems.. The screen is pretty and the features are fun. Great. I have to stand across the street to reply to a text because the phone wont try and resend on its own and I otherwise will have to sit and hit resend for fifteen minutes until it finds a spot of reception. My WiFi works great - I hardly have 3g (I know it exsists, I had it 100% of the time on my old EVO), too bad texting and phone calls dont run on WiFi. I have resorted to communicating through Google Talk because it runs on WiFi, but not everyone has that app. I would NOT reccomend spending money on a phone like this when all its going to cause is a strong urge to throw it across the room. If you want a pretty phone, get it. If you want one that gets reception and features are actually usable you'd be better off with a banana.

Journeyman

thanks- i was afraid to hear that- i am seriously considering the S3 but the radio scares me- i have the nexus s 4g and it's radio is horrible- is this more of the same with the S3?

Journeyman

My neighbor has an HTC EVO and he has had NO problems with the signal. It's defiantly the radio built in the phone. It's not strong at all.

Journeyman

can we tell - are these issues the S3 or because of the upgrade work being done to  Network Vision (LTE) ??  

Journeyman

I am still having problems with reception and dropped calls and text messages I either don't get them or they come and send at all hours of the day .. My picture message take a day or 2 to come .. My EVO never had this problem. I had to take this phone because sprint said they had a national back order on the EVO and had no idea when they would come in.. I loved my EVO and miss it . Such a better phone not happy at all with this one..

Journeyman

The same exact thing is happening to my wife and I. Originally we had the EVOs and the reception was Great. Now that we have the S3s our reception is poor and we are always getting dropped calls. The phone is great but the service sucks! Maybe we should have gone with Verizon.

We have both an iphone 4s and a GS3 at our home and the signal strength seems to be comparable - maybe even a little better on the GS3. We do have fluctuations in strength but it affects both phones at the same time so I'm assuming it has more to do with the network or the fact that we are in a rural area. When compared to an EVO 3d the GS3 will typically show one less bar but in real world application they seem to work the same ( if one looses service so does the other ). Its possible your situation may be more of a settings issue, I know how frustrating it can be I had an Epic Touch and at first there were all kinds of signal issues. Hope things turn out better for you, Rick.