cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

I upgraded to the Samsung S3 from my Evo.  Signal was great on my Evo even on 3G.  Now with the S3, I'm getting "No Internet Connection Try Again" very frequently and text messages fail often.  I'm getting 1 to no signal bars where I used to have at least 3 or full strength on my Evo.    Is there any fix / something that can be done - perhaps a free replacement to another type of phone from Sprint?

GrandMaster

if your screen name is also your phone number you might want to change that seeing as how this is a public forum and now EVERYONE knows it lol..

more a FYI than anything.

anywho...for those of you having the signal issues..post your zip and closest cross streets so tower issues can be ruled out or not..DO NOT POST YOUR PHYSICAL ADDRESS

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Same Here. Great Siginal on EVO 1 bar or none on S3 US HWY 1 Southern Pines NC

GrandMaster

most have said that theyre getting the same signal strengths between the old evo and the SIII/EVO LTE...but its showing 1 less bar..do you have any reception at all? can you make a call or get data when its showing no bars?

also the bar graphs are by not as accurate as people think..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

This is good to know since I am considering the GS3.

I always had reception issues with sammy's phones.

Journeyman

same problem..had s evo..now gs3...drop calls, no data connection...and the lastest...cracked screen...phone never dropped...googled and found this is an ongoing problem with the gs3..just google cracked screen

Journeyman

Wife still has Evo no problems, got rid of Galaxy S2 had no problems, going to take the evo and S3 and ride around the area and do some testing, Downloaded some siginal meter apps.

Journeyman

I will add my name to the list. Signals is horrible. I've put an EVO next to it for comparison. EVO had two bars. S3 had nothing. Severely regretting my decision to overlook the warnings about Samsung radios.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problems! I miss my EVO soooooo much!

Journeyman

Trying the app called open signal, gives you the % of connection and shows you where the towers are. going to install on EVO and S3 and compare. Will post results.