cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

I just upgraded to the S3 from the iPhone 4s and although I love the S3 I am having issues with my phone signal...NO SIGNAL AT ALL... I never had this problem before. My wife evo has no issues with signal strength at home so it's not my area. Is this a know issues and is there a fix coming...  I have been to the sprint store and called sprint and got know help... What is going on....

242 REPLIES 242
Highlighted
Journeyman

its worse when you have a couple phones and they chage you the premium fee for each phone, data plan for each phone to use the great phones and none of it works well enough to even use them as smartphones and use the data, streaming radio, surfing the web, facebook making it a great social and work media phone all becomes null and void with the service were getting and it gets really expensive and makes you angry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

THIS IS WHAT REALLY MAKES ME MAD AND PISSES ME OFF IS THE PLAIN JUST LIES THAT WE HAVE 4G LTE COVERAGE.  HERE IS A SCREEN SHOT OF WHERE I LIVE, MY EXACT ADDRESS AND IT SHOW OARNGE 4G LTE COVERAGE ALL AROUND ME, but NO WHERE AROUND ME DO I GET 4G LTE COVERAGE, I have to head deeeper towards BALTIMORE MD to get any type of 4G LTE coverage, but ye the map shows I AM DEAD MIDDLE OF A GREAT 4G LTE ZONE...... HUH??????   Thats what pisses me off, just blatant lies on coverage.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello lids

Yes I'm still on sprint at the moment .

I just retuned my galaxy s3 .and I'm currently using my old evo..

And make sure they corrected my info back to out of contract ...

I have decided to wait till I can try out the lte network fully before I commit to a phone or phone company

But I did try out the htc lte but since I could.t try out the lte network

I decided to wait.

I suggest to really think about your choice .

But if u choose to take back the phone

Do it as soon as possible ....

I would .t whant you to fall victim to the 14 day policy

Since the first day starts the day you activated the phone ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please send this information to me also. I have had issues with my phone since I purchased it. Sprint did send an AIrRave to me however, I cannot access internet much of th etime outside of my home

Highlighted
Journeyman

Capture.PNGWhat no one can explain is why cant I even get 4G LTE service, WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEND ME AN AIRAVE, and WHY CANT I GET CALLS, surf the web, send texts WHEN THE COVERAGE MAP SHOWS I HAVE 4G LTE SERVICE ALL AROUND MY HOUSE.   Pisses me off, and then charge you all these freaking fees, and the extra data plan I got thinking I could use it.  I am calling sprint back this weekend, they better drop something off my bill or I am just going to drop sprint, because I have been a customer for years and I am tired of having phones that you cant use, before it was crappy phones, now its awesome phones and crappy service.  Get it right sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fergie_B I am having the same exact issues with data connectivity on my S3. I had great 3g coverage on my EVO and upgraded to S3 and I constantly get error messages pertaining to the data signal. I already took it to a Sprint Store and they said they fixed roaming settings and showed me how to Clear Ram and close open applications. None of this has really worked. Please help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgraded from the EVO to the S3 as well and I too am a victim of crappy signal. S3 is dropping calls, not sending all my texts, and not allowing me to use apps/surf the web. On top of that I'm a firefighter and we utilize an edispatch feature where emergency notifications are sent by text to our phones. Needless to say I've called text support 4 times in the 2 weeks I've had the phone and I'm now 2 days outside Sprints 14 day return window. My EVO's screen is demolished, however I will be turning that one back on and parting ways with my S3. Hopefully I can eventually find someone selling an iPhone and try that out.

Highlighted

add me to the list.  i updated from the s1 to the s3 (now with jelly bean).  i used to get 4g with s1 thru wimax.  now, with s3 thru lte i got nada.  i live in the city (baltimore) and have yet (~4 months) to receive lte signal.  i just did a speedtest...with wifi turned off i pick up 3g signal and receive 250kbps down / 80kbps up.  pathetic. 

if this continues i will be switching service providers immediately after my contract has expired.  i might even switch before...credo is offering to pay cancellation fees if you switch to them.  i'd prefer to switch to straighttalk but i don't think they pay cancellation fees??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I am calling sprint tomorrow after work to demand a refund on much of my bill, I paid the monthly due but the rest of that extra data charges per phone and the 2gb data plan that is useless has got to come off.  If you cant use it then we shouldnt be paying for it and still no one has been able to tell me why in TWO OF MY POSTS I SHOW THE MAP OF 4G LTE coverage with my home address yet everywhere around me, no 4G LTE really exists.  That is just plain lies and that is horrible customer service.  All speed tests have been .04 to .27 mb/s up and download area, but if I get to 4G LTE it is awesome speeds fully maxed out.  So if I had 4G LTE this phone would be the greatest ever, but paying 100s of dollars and neither my phone or my daughters new iphone 5 can get 4G LTE, so its not the phone its sprints service that they are blatantly lying about on the coverage maps, and they should tell you that you will be using horrible 3G, less then 3G speeds using these phones 99 percent of the time when your not in 4G LTE which apparenlty is everywhere.  I am in MD, 15 minutes from you in baltimore, and from baltimore through laurel to rockville, into calvert county, no 4G LTE at all.  I have to use Verizon MIFI which is retarded that I have to use verizon, and sprint not allowing you to use wifi for phone and texts was just stupid.  Now I was offered, but no follow up or received that Airave device, which might help at my house, even though according to the COVERAGE MAP BY SPRINT I should have 4G LTE where I live, and you need to use your own cable internet you pay for to use your phone, another ridiculous solution.  Discounts should be given to everyone that paid 100s to upgrade, pay extra on there bills and yet have to use crappy service that was better on the older phones we upgraded from.  This is just ridiculous and I am NOT PAYING MY BILL period, unless SPrint gives me a large discount when I call tomorrow, I will take the hit on cancel charges and move to verizon because I am TIRED OF PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PHONE OR IPHONES USING AT and T OR VERIZON AND HAVE FULL 4G LTE service or there 3G IS EVEN BLASTING PAST MY SUPER GALAXY S3.  Its a shame because there is super potential with this phone but the service is holding it back completely.

mizike29, i completely understand your frustration...considering i'm in the same boat.  i wish you luck at finding a solution without paying any more money.  while i don't disagree that several hundred dollars is a lot of money for a couple of phones, understand that those phones cost more than what you paid.  the difference between what they cost and what you paid is what sprint pays the phone manufacturer (samsung, etc.) and plans on being re-paid after you make several monthly payments.  1 question you might want to ask verizon (and other 3rd party providers such as credo, straighttalk, etc.) is whether you can use your current sprint phone with their network.  that could save you the cost of purchasing more new phones.  you might even get verizon to give you a credit on your bill for not asking them to foot part of the cost of a new phone???

i am not aware of the LTE technology so i can't comment on why it's not reaching people on the map that sprint claims it is.  i hadn't head of the airwave device until people in this thread began talking about it.  i don't know if you actually spoke with anyone about receiving it, but there's a phone number on this site regarding it: http://now.sprint.com/airave/?ECID=vanity:airaveaccesspoint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, my final reply:

So after going through the hassle of finally getting a new phone, my signal did improve by a tiny bit. But I still fail to get any signal at all in several of the places that I go to quite often. Unlike Mizike29, I never had any thoughts about 4g. I live in central MA and I knew well ahead of time that LTE would not be available. But I was expecting to at least be able to get any reception at all. Voice or text would be nice. Even slow 3g data would be perfectly acceptable. Unfortunately, I get neither in far too many places. I mean: the strip in Las Vegas? You can't get me any bars on the Las Vegas fricken strip?? How bad can your network be?

So that leaves me with a wifi-only minitablet for another year and a half. But it's a life lesson. I had sprint previously and moved to big red. I moved back due to price. But you get what you pay for. The day my contract is up, I'll be leaving sprint never to return. And I make sure to tell anyone who will listen how horrid sprint's service is. This has also taught me another lesson: Samsung phones are garbage. No matter how sweet the CPU, screen, or form factor is: it's useless if you don't get reception. I read reviews that said Samsung radios were junk, and I should have listened. So moving forward: no sprint and no samsung. Live and learn.

Sprint: can you hear me now???? 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ferrel, as far as the costs, its not the 100s I paid for the two phones, iphone 5 and my galaxy S3 that bothered me, its that I bought out the contracts to get the phone early for my daughters bday present, so I paid that extra, plus they charge the extra fees on both phones because there smartphones, and the 2gb data plan I got to use the phones when driving, NONE OF THIS WORKS, thats the extra money I am talking about.  I would have never bought out her contract if I knew the 4G LTE THAT SHOWS IS ACTIVE IN OUR AREA DIDNT WORK.  I would have waited. I also wouldnt be paying extra for smartphones that are not smart if you cant use the 4G LTE and the 3G is worse then our older phones, her iphone 4, and my EVO actually had 4G service.  That is my biggest complaint.  Yes the phones are cheaper with the contract, but you are locked in for 2 years and I bought out the contract, and were charged all these extras that we can not use because the service SUCKS.

To Mikeydoesntlikeit, DONT BLAME THE SAMSUNG GALAXY 3S, yes the radio antenna is not as good as some other phones BUT I HAVE MANY MANY FRIENDS that have the same phone on VERIZON and AT AND T that have 4G everywhere and there 3G is extremely fast, so its not the phone, so just so you know that, it is not the phone it is sprints towers, terrible 3G overcrowding, slow 3g speeds and LIES ABOUT HAVING 4G LTE COVERAGE that is the problem, or just not even having 4G LTE in many places that is the problem here.  Then they want you to use your internet service to use the airave so you can actually use your phone text, phone calls etc in your own house, RIDICULOUS.  And you cant take it with you so your screwed as soon as you leave your house.  Sprint doesnt care OBVIOUSLY or they would have enabled text and calls over wifi which would have saved many of us, and they would discount our bills until you actually have 4G LTE coverage.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat