cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

I just upgraded to the S3 from the iPhone 4s and although I love the S3 I am having issues with my phone signal...NO SIGNAL AT ALL... I never had this problem before. My wife evo has no issues with signal strength at home so it's not my area. Is this a know issues and is there a fix coming...  I have been to the sprint store and called sprint and got know help... What is going on....

242 REPLIES 242
Highlighted

so a weird thing happened...a close friend with the same phone (sgs3) and same service (sprint) was in the same bar as me but his sgs3 got 4g while mine only got 3g.  i called sprint and they tried to do some re-programming but it didn't change anything.  i went into sprint and they tried to fix it but couldn't figure it out.  so, they offered to replace my phone for $35.  i accepted...and once i got my replacement i was able to receive 4g.  also, while i wasn't able to receive 4g wimax in my apartment (i'm facing the inside of a large brick apartment) i am able to receive the 4g lte. according to speedtest.net, i get a little more than 2mbps download and a little less than 1mbps upload.  i live in baltimore city, which is covered with 4g, so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Man your are not the only one with that issue!!!!. In less than 14 days i returned 2 galaxy s3's and 1 note II simply because i was getting low signal and poor call quailty at home and work

something thatnever happened with my old blackberry and my trusty evo 4g. I don't know what is wrong but sprint is gonna have to do something soon to fix the low reception issue with some samsung phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will add my experience to this as well. I switched out my phone (and complained enough that they dropped the $35 fee). While the signal did not improve much at all, I did see 4g light up on the phone for the first time. My first phone never said 4g once. Ever. The second phone still gets crappy reception, but on a couple occasions I did see 4G. I didn't run speed test at the time, but the response was lightning fast. Now if I could only get 4G in more places than one 1/2 mile spot in a different town.....  (and any reception at all in most other places)

Highlighted
Master

XOCHILT0524 wrote:

Man your are not the only one with that issue!!!!. In less than 14 days i returned 2 galaxy s3's and 1 note II simply because i was getting low signal and poor call quailty at home and work

something thatnever happened with my old blackberry and my trusty evo 4g. I don't know what is wrong but sprint is gonna have to do something soon to fix the low reception issue with some samsung phones.

The issue isn't the phones having an issue or a defect. The Galaxy S3 has a powerful antenna per the FCC testing for the model. However, many older phones had more powerful antenna. The original HTC EVO had the most powerful antenna/radio of any Sprint phone in history. Blackberries also tended have the highest radiation output of just about any phone ever made, this does not necessarily equate to a stronger antenna, but it is a pretty good indication, I haven't taken the time to look back through the discontinued Blackberry FCC filings for power to compare.

Network Vision enhancements are going to increase network-side efficiency which will also help overall since the towers themselves will be able to operate more efficiently. I can't say that in every situation and location in the country it will be enough to make a difference, but in many fringe areas the NV enhancements will make for a noticeable improvement in service. The current network in many areas is overburdened and operating at a much lower level than in recent years, this means a moderate antenna design that would havebeen sufficient a few years ago, may now have a noticeable difference in reception. After tyhe NV upgrades and spectrum changes Sprint is making the network should be back above the performance it was at a few years ago and these issues ssohuld be much less common, they will move back out to the fringe of coverage instead of the fringe created by issues within the main network areas.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Something has to be done to fix the issue asap. I live in nyc & at home my wife iphone has good signal same with my cousing galaxy s2 they don't have dropped calls they don't complaint about poor call quailty and my colleagues at work

some of them have sprint and they don't have any issues. I am so pissed i really liked the s3 and note 2 i hope to upgrade i fel in love with those devices.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got this phone yesterday finally got rid of the photon.  I am noticing it switching from regular to roam in my home and I have an airrave not 30 feet away from my phone. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got this phone yesterday finally got rid of the photon.  I am noticing it switching from regular to roam in my home and I have an airrave not 30 feet away from my phone. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought the s3 yesterday and while sitting on my desk it goes to roam and back and is sitting only 30 feet away from an airrave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do yourself a giant favor: return it before the 14 day trial period ends.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat