cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

its not just sprint, the GS3 has a bad antena (samsung is known for this) i have friends on t-mobile, att and sprint with the phone and all of them have signal issues when not in line of sight of a tower.  Its the phone not sprint imo buy blackberry if you want signal (of course that means you will have to leave sprint to get the z10)

Journeyman

I am in Omaha which is not a huge city. I got an airave so I Can use this phone at home and get good internet because of my wifi but I am in the service industry and work all around Omaha. I can be at completely open areas in the heart of high end neighborhoods and only hear every third word of a phone conversation or worse at times, clear others. Internet? Ha!. We are 3G and we may be the last city to be upgraded. If we need to look something up online others use Galaxy's and of course Fruit phones and can have full webpages loaded while I watch hopefully to get the complete search page to load. It is ridiculous and it is not rare. When I am alone I just have to wait for a page to load often walking around with my phone held overhead looking very irritated. Getting a good net connection is pretty rare anyplace but my home. I got better connections on I-80 30 miles outside of Omaha than in town the other day. The phone and it's features are amazing but unless I can use them why is this costing me so much? This needs fixed.

Journeyman

I agree, however I haven't heard of anyone getting out after the 15 day startup period (used to be 30, that's how I got caught, thinking I had more time). If anyone knows how to 'prove' that these phones don't work and can get out of their ETF, I'd love to hear it. Because it's my only phone, I'm forced to use it and sure there is enough reception in enough places that I can use it sometimes, just not much at home or work or in the car on a certain level. So, because I use the phone SO much for calls and data, etc they used that against me saying, "Well sir, you've used 1500 minutes and 2 GB of data, it must be working..." and I try to explain that yes in some areas it does work, but in most it does not. They don't care, they blindly enforce their 'contract' and don't seem to care less that they will lose me as a customer as soon as all my plans expire. Too bad... I know my $3600+ bills each year are tiny compared to the overall revenue, but it's a start.

Journeyman

Should people really be forced to pay the ETF? I don't think many of us would have agreed to a 2-year contract if we knew that we wouldn't be able to use our phones from home.

Journeyman

All you have to do to get out of your contract is pay the etf. Can't be much simpler.

Journeyman

it has gotten better for me.  i live in baltimore but was not receiving 4g with my sgs3 whereas my buddy (with same phone) was.  i took it to sprint, they couldn't fix it, i paid $30 to have them replace my phone, and was able to get 4g.  was still losing calls in my thick brick apartment building and 4g signal was so low it typically switched to 3g; however, last night i had a long conversation without any dropped calls / loss in reception (3 out fo 5 bars!) and 4g signal was rocking!  i did a speedtest...download 4Mbps, upload 0.5Mbps.  updated ~ 10 apps from app store within minutes.  i would suggest that if you're in a city that is supposed to have 4g signal to hold on a little longer. 

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I don't have time to read through every post though. Did anybody find a fix? Is there any way to get out of our contracts without the termination fee since our phones won't work from our homes?

Journeyman

Sprint chose to lag behind in making the transition to 4G. I bought the galaxy S3 and it is a paperweight. Old phone worked great in my area. No concern from sprint except to send me an Airave signal booster which just increased the monthly cost of my phone service, although i can make calls now as long as i'm inside my house. Guess what Sprint? I am switching to another carrier and I'm spreading the word to everyone I can that they should not choose sprint as their cell phone carrier!

Journeyman

Sprint chose to lag behind in making the transition to 4G. I bought the galaxy S3 and it is a paperweight. Old phone worked great in my area. No concern from sprint except to send me an Airave signal booster which just increased the monthly cost of my phone service, although i can make calls now as long as i'm inside my house. Guess what Sprint? I am switching to another carrier and I'm spreading the word to everyone I can that they should not choose sprint as their cell phone carrier! 

Journeyman