cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

I just upgraded to the S3 from the iPhone 4s and although I love the S3 I am having issues with my phone signal...NO SIGNAL AT ALL... I never had this problem before. My wife evo has no issues with signal strength at home so it's not my area. Is this a know issues and is there a fix coming...  I have been to the sprint store and called sprint and got know help... What is going on....

242 REPLIES 242
Highlighted
Journeyman

Everybody that is unhappy with the thrrible 3G and non existant 4G LTE quit griping here and go to Sprints Facebook page and start Liking everyones comments about the bad service. Make your voice heard on their Facebook site!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like many out there, I also upgraded my HTC EVO 4G to S3 during the holiday special promotion.  What a mistake!  I was happy with the EVO even though I did not get decent reception in my house.  I was using a Airave with my HTC EVO with no issues.  My WIFI coverage was not an issue either.  Ever since I switched to S3, reception has been terrible.  WIFI signal drops to 1 bar even when I am standing near my WIFI router.  With the Airvave installed in my home, I am still getting  1-2 bars on S3 where I used to get 4-5 bars with my EVO.  Phone has been replaced by Sprint and Airave has also been replaced.  I am certain that the S3 have a very weak antena for voice and data.

Don't know why Sprint or other providers would be selling a phone with bad radio antenas.  I think the problem with S3 becomes worse if you don't have good reception. 

Sprint + S3 = You are out of luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish I had seen this thread before I made the same mistake. I looked at the reviews for the phone before my purchase and there is no mention of this issue at all. I submitted a review letting them know how useless the phone is without 4G LTE. I wonder if it will actually get posted, or whether they will encourage customers to keep getting screwed over this way. I've spent over 4 hrs in the past two days talking to sprint representatives only to have "Calvin" tell me that he understands that I have been screwed over, but there is NOTHING he can or will do. Not the kind of customer service I should be receiving after the ord.eal they put me through. I've been a customer for 13 years, but after being duped into buying this phone and having the horrendous service cut out my navigation during a 500 mile road trip, I'm looking into Verizon and AT&T. They may charge more, but least the phone works on their networks. Clearly we're paying for the services that were new 2 years ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree the phone roams , if you try to call sprint it said welcome to verison until the roam icon goes of the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree the phone roams , if you try to call sprint it said welcome to verison until the roam icon goes of the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree the phone roams , if you try to call sprint it said welcome to version until the roam icon goes of the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree the phone roams , if you try to call sprint it said welcome to version until the roam icon goes of the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

IM having the same problem with reception ,i had a evo no problem at all . the phone start to roam in the house . called tech support the same answer ,working on the tower.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAME PROBLEM.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat