cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

I just upgraded to the S3 from the iPhone 4s and although I love the S3 I am having issues with my phone signal...NO SIGNAL AT ALL... I never had this problem before. My wife evo has no issues with signal strength at home so it's not my area. Is this a know issues and is there a fix coming...  I have been to the sprint store and called sprint and got know help... What is going on....

242 REPLIES 242
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been saying this for a long time now. Sprint has told me that they are in the process of rebuilding their entire network. The ggood news is that the current one sucks and is useless. The bad news is that it may take years before the new system is in place. Sprint doesn't care about the poor service and the thousands of complaints. I have an S3 in San Diego and there is no 4GLTE nor plans on bringing it here in the next few years. When my time is up I'm moving my family plan to Verizon. Been with Sprint for almost 20 years and its time to bail out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You don't know what you are talking about at all. San Diego is going to be getting LTE by summertime.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GiantJay

And you know this how? Sprint hasn't projected anything in San Diego this year per supports comments. But I keep paying the same. If I don't hear different by June when my sons contract is up, Hello Verizon with High Speed LTE .

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is in the forums here and on s4gru.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

A search on S4G returns only this:

Sprint Marketing Updates 4G LTE City List where work is under way and adds 36 more communities inclu...

in The Wall

Nothing in Southern California again!

San Diego is so large and the market will take a long time. I don't think they will announce it on the imminent list until late Winter. At least you know they are indeed working in San Diego now.

I would guess just by population stats alone that maybe 70% of Sprints customers are in Southern California. The service is so horrible I can't understand why they wouldn't want to take care of the hightest percentage of customers first. WatsonVille, Ca, please.. how many sprint customers are there in Northern Ca compared to So Cal?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not going to explain everything to you, just read more over at s4gru.com. They are doing the upgrades by complete markets not cities. Go to the site and read, everything is completly explained there. This is why I said that you don't know what you are talking about. Not trying to be rude.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is the forum thread about San Diego. By the way there is millions of people in Northern California.http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2144-network-visionlte-san-diego-market/

Highlighted
GrandMaster

not to mention the state capital?

northern cali is considered the sprint upper central valley market..i have been waiting for info to kick out on anything above sac for a while now...all i know is the newer schedule wont be kicked out until some time in the fall ..hopefully sooner though..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I sent an email to the VP...I got a automated response that someone would be contacting me. I'm sure nothing will be resolved until the new system is up and running, at which time our "paperweights" will be obsolete. I wish I could get out of this contract without paying. Isn't there some legal recourse we can take to at least get our money back for service not rendered??? I would rather just cut my ties with sprint and go somewhere that customers are appreciated. Ive been a loyal customer of Sprint for many years, but I guess that is not important to them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You signed a contract all you have to do is pay the etf and you are free from the contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My sources say spring for the upper central valley. I live in Sacramento, so I'm waiting to.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

hopefully..i got my info from Robert about 3ish months ago..that was the last thing i heard about the north state..im about a hour and a half or so north of you in chico/oroville. odds are they will hit you guys then start flowing up this direction..with my luck they will hit redding durring or after you guys then widdle towards my area towards the end lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat