cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S3, SD CARD

Samsung S3, SD CARD

OOk! I have had this phone, the S3 for a over a year now and I keep hoping and praying that it'll update and I'll be able to move apps to my SD Card.

I really wish I could tell Samsung that I know they heard a bunch of whiners complaining about it slowed down their phone when they had the S2 but y'all simply listened to the wrong group of consumers!!

AND....those whiners, from now on seek advice first before shooting straight up the chain of command. Most likely all you had to do was buy a better SD CARD, fork out more money. But you decided to buy a cheapo I beat. Now here we are all paying for your decision.

Anywho, are there any plans in the future that Samsung is going fix that? Or did they just fix it for the S4? Anyone know??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Samsung S3, SD CARD

AngelaKingston,

I hear your concerns. Certain app developers allow you to move apps from the device to an SD card. The ability to do so depends on the developer, not device functionality. Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help!

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are actually apps in the Google Play store that can help you with moving apps to SD... Instead of complaining a little bit of research would be smart. I mean Google search is included on the phone you know..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Madman_Mordo wrote:

AngelaKingston,

I hear your concerns. Certain app developers allow you to move apps from the device to an SD card. The ability to do so depends on the developer, not device functionality. Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help!

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

By default, the version of Android on the GS III does not support moving apps to the SD card.

Google removed that in the OS several versions ago.

You can choose for your camera images and videos to be saved to the SD card by default, this can save you space. Then use a file manager to move all the images on the internal memory to the external SD card.

I recommend this file manager. ES File Explorer File Manager - Android Apps on Google Play

You can though with root access.

With root access other options are opened up for you including installed third party ROMs.

Such as this here, see the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25SSUelajqs

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat