ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Touchwiz UI Disappeared (Apps on Right Side of Bottom Bar)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Touchwiz UI Disappeared (Apps on Right Side of Bottom Bar)

The Samsung Touchwiz UI Disappeared with the Apps on the Right side of the bottom bar  Weather on the top of home and in the apps screen no apps on left widgets on right just apps.  I do have the Android Kit Kat standard screen.

Sprint Zone disappeared as did all the home screens and side screens.  The apps are in the app section.

This was not an upgrade issue but the power went off suddenly as it does in Houston these days on my THREE Samsung G S 3's due to some battery suck issue for the last month or so.  My batteries are fine I tested them and they are not bulging one actually is new.  Yes I got a better battery from Amazon.

I would say the UI layout files got corrupted and the standard non-Samsung blank Android home screen defaulted in with the Kit Kat Icon's (Not Samsung)  Now the screen works just like my Nexus 7 not a single Samsung/Sprint item at all.  However I still cannot erase items that came with the phone as apps that no longer are useful like google currents.

How do I recover the Samsung UI?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Samsung Touchwiz UI Disappeared (Apps on Right Side of Bottom Bar)

JOHN-Engineer,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please look for it under Application Manager. If it is there, please clear data. Let us know how you get on with it. - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Touchwiz Home V4.4.2-L710VPUNDND8 was previously cleared and forced stop.  I did this again then rebooted.  It is clear and stopped.

Full cache has also been cleared with the clear cache selection on rescue boot.

Safe Mode it looks the same.

Fairly obviously it has no start up link since it has been bypassed by plain KitKat Android 4.4.2 Layout Engine.

This is not a rooted device and is Build KOT49H.L710VPUDN8 Official.  So I would say Touchwiz is not running just the plain KitKat engine.

Master

JOHN-Engineer, If the previous steps did not help, you may need to master reset the device back to default settings. If this step is performed, please make sure the information in the device is backed up. - Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat