Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Displays "Samsung" and Won't Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen Displays "Samsung" and Won't Update

Hi!

I have an extra battery and when I swapped it out earlier today, Samsung S3 has not operated correctly. When the phone restarted it displays "Samsung" and will not leave from that screen. It only goes away when I get an incoming call. Once the phone starts to work, it runs very slow and the screen gets stuck and will not update. I take the battery out and I'm back at square one with "Samsung" displays on the screen.

Does anyone know what's wrong and how this can be fixed??

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Screen Displays "Samsung" and Won't Update

msnikki.rey,

I can understand how this may be frustrating. Do you still have the old battery? What happens when you put the old battery back into the phone? Keep me posted.

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Regina,

It's VERY frustrating and inconvenient. The battery isn't old, I just have two. I haven't been able to access my phone since 10:30 this morning...it stays on the display screen (once I turn it back on) and says "Samsung" I can only take incoming calls. I can't access anything until someone calls me. I've been trying to get to my Settings but I can't.

Master

msnikki.rey,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this. Did you try the other battery after this issue started happening? If so, we might need to do a hard reset which will erase everything out of the phone. I would recommend making sure the device is backed up and your info is saved.

To do the reset, follow these steps:

With the handset turned off, press and hold both the Volume Up key and the Home key.
With both the Volume Up key and the Home key held down, press and hold the Power key.
Release all keys when the Samsung logo appears.
Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset.
With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key
Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes --delete all user data
With Yes --delete all user data highlighted, press the Power key
Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now.
- Regina
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

as the agent stated try the other battery again..it might be a dud battery that is borking up your phone..if the other battery works fine but this one doesnt you just figured out the problem...by the by where did you get the new/extra battery?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I bought the battery from Sprint...I wanted an extra on because the battery life is not good. I've switched out the battery several times. I've even used a friend's battery--same result. I'm at the store now and I hope to get the issue resolved. A hard reset is not what I want

GrandMaster

unfortunately that might be the only resolve..hopefully not but with trying multiple batteries and ending with the same results i dont see any other attempts to try aside from the FR.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

msnikki.rey,

Oh no! That doesn't sound good. We would love to know what happens at the store. Please keep us posted. We are here to help.

- David
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat