cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So upset with Sprint right now.

Journeyman

So upset with Sprint right now.

So we have been having ongoing issues with my wife's GS3 with not being able to send/receive texts while at home. Last night, I decided to call Sprint Tech Support to see if they could help me troubleshoot it. So the tech gets on the phone and has me start doing all of this manual reprogramming of the phone. He had me dial ##72786# and the phone rebooted itself and went through some hands free activation. After that, he had me do some other ### number from the dialpad that brought me to a screen which showed View/Edit/Done. I selected Edit which brought me to a screen with 2 Numbers on it. First number was the phone number of my wife's phone. The second number was the MSID #? So he had me change the MSID # to something else and then hit the return key and click "Done". Did that and the phone rebooted itself again. After it rebooted, the phone was no longer able to connect to Data anymore. It kept flashing an error code 67 on the bottom which said something about unable to connect to data services due to incorrect username and password. Then he had me go back in and change the MSID to a different number again. Same problem. No Data. He tried for 30 mins to get the Error Code 67 to go away with no success. So now, not only was mySMS not working, but I could no longer send/receive data over the Sprint Network. The tech actually made the phone worse. He said he would open up a ticket and have an engineer come out and check the tower in my area. Really??? It's obviously not the tower that's the problem, since my phone was showing 5-6 bars of 4G signal and my daughter's 4S had full bars of 3G. After the call had ended I was left unsatisfied and very unhappy.

I called back and got a different tech. Spent another 30 mins on the phone with him trying to at least get data restored but no success. He had me put back what was supposed to be my original MSID for the phone and it didn't help. Tried updating PRL and Profile. Wouldn't update unless on Wifi so I turned on Wifi and updated both and still nothing. Error Code 67 was still popping up. They said the MSID should have never been changed in the first place. After that, Sprint told me that the phone was coming up as a Total Error on their side and no matter what phone I tried to activate on that line would have the same problem. Sprint then suggested the only way to fix it was to activate a new line of service and put the phone on the new line and cancel the line with the Error on it. Even though they said they would waive the ETF and the Activation fee on the new line and I would be able to retain the same Upgrade Eligibility date, she now has to call/text/email everyone who has her number and give them the new number. This is a major inconvenience but was told it was the only option at this point. This is totally unacceptable. How can I call for tech support and wind up in worse shape that I was before I called? I pay $240/mo on my plan and just dropped $600 + $150 in early upgrade fees on 3 brand new phones a few months ago. They are supposed to be calling me back tonight at 6pm EST to get it resolved so I'll see what they say. I was told it has to go through a special department now. I would really hope that I get some sort of credit on my next bill for the inconvenience.

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: So upset with Sprint right now.

I've had this problem before, maybe this will help.  You have to make sure when you call in, you get immediately elevated to the highest tier tech available.  When they start putzing around with your MSID, it can get confused in their system.  You need to make sure that your USER NAME which is the XXXXXXXX@sprintpcs.com email address is the exact same they have in their system.  When I had these issues, they change the MSID, which then invoked a user name change.  This was conflicting in their computers and it would never connect.  Lots of Error 67s.  I finally got a tech that could see this and make the appropriate changes.  Apparently the lower level techs can't see all this information.

I hope this helps, maybe it won't.  I know its super frustrating.  But you shouldn't have to open a new line.  and BTW, they can transfer that same phone number to the new line, so its not a big deal, that number isn't borked, its the user associated with it.  They need to make sure they are in sync in their computers and it should jive.

Also, towers have been randomly going out for this Network Vision project, so its possible that's going on as well.  However, that should be the first thing that they tell you.

(I'm not a Sprint employee, just giving you my experience that I've had, I'm sure the Sprint techs on here might have a better answer)

Wizard

jwat77,

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about all of the issues that you are experiencing.  An error 67 is a registration error.  It basically is telling us that your device doesn't have the correct username and password programmed into it in order to access the web, etc.  If we had to perform a manual program in order to get your device to work, this makes sense.  Try this for me, see if you get the same errors.

1.  Turn off Wifi on your device

2.  Select Menu>Settings>System Updates>Update profile

If the update is successful, try and access the web for me again.  If it fails, please let me know the error that you receive so we can go from there.  Also, if it is unsuccessful a city, state and nearest cross street to you will help me evaluate your tower situation.  If there's an issue in your area, that might be why it was unable to pull the programming over the air.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

I tried to update PRL and Profile last night over the Sprint Network and it failed on both. It would only update them if I was connected to Wifi. I know some people have had success doing a Profile update to restore data so it was one of the first things I tried but it just would not update.

My address is in Freehold,  NJ and the nearest cross street is Route 79 (South St) and Daniels Way.

Journeyman

Ok so the girl from Sprint decided that she didn't feel like calling me back so I called Sprint back myself. Seems she never even notated the account with anything that we spoke about on Sunday night either. The new CSR I was speaking with didn't see any notes attached to the account. I explained to her all over again the problem I was having and she put me through to a different tech named Jeffery. This guy was great. He was very knowledgable and savvy. When I explained the problem to him, he knew exactly what to do. Seems mmark27_ above was correct. It was the original sprintpcs.com email address they had attached to that line that was messing everything up. He generated a new email address and treated everything as if it was a new activation and within minutes I had full 4G signal back on the device. It sucks that it took 2 hours and 4 different people to get me back up and running. I just wish I woulda got this guy Jeffery first. Could have saved myself a lot of aggravation.

Wizard

jwat77,

While I'm very sorry to hear that you've been through so much-  I'm glad to hear everything is up and running.  It sounds like your nai was locked, so changing it on our back end was able to reinitiate provisioning.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.  Good job to Jeffery, I love to hear when a fellow tech knows their stuff.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

GrandMaster

didnt see it mentioned but have you traveled anywhre else and checked to see if it all of a sudden worked again? that alone would eliminate the phone being the problem and point right at the network itself. make sure to travel far enough away to actually switch to a diffferent tower though. that 72786 code was a reset for your data and reception. basically flushed all the info and made it search a new connection as if it was the first time it was ever connecting. only problem with that is if the tower you connect to DOES have an issue they dont see on their end youre right back to square one again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I love that I can go to one of two locations in Albuquerque that have on site tech's that fix what ever issues come across with any of my phones. This isn't available for what I had before, AT&T also T-mobile have you send in your phone. Step one you call, talk to a tech. Please pull the battery out while its one blah blah blah. Step two, you have to wait about a week before you get a referb (Truely beat to hell phone) phone which you use your existing battery then send your phone back to them. Step three, sending you defective phone back. Twice I was charge for the full amount of a phone that both companies claimed they didn't get back. Never again! Both were sent back UPS

Wizard

ChillinMoPho wrote:

I love that I can go to one of two locations in Albuquerque that have on site tech's that fix what ever issues come across with any of my phones. This isn't available for what I had before, AT&T also T-mobile have you send in your phone. Step one you call, talk to a tech. Please pull the battery out while its one blah blah blah. Step two, you have to wait about a week before you get a referb (Truely beat to **** phone) phone which you use your existing battery then send your phone back to them. Step three, sending you defective phone back. Twice I was charge for the full amount of a phone that both companies claimed they didn't get back. Never again! Both were sent back UPS

ChillinMoPho,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've experienced so many issues.  If you were charged for non returned equipment and sent it back in the return envelopes that we sent you, I'll be glad to look into it for you.  In order to do so, I will need some information sent to me via private message.

To send a private message:

1.  Click on my name (Below my picture)

2.  Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

Information needed;

1.  Your phone number

2.  Your first and last name

3.  Your security pin or the answer to your security question on your account

4.  Approximate dates devices were replaced so I can track

I look forward to the receiving the opportunity to resolve your issue.  Hopefully this is a simple mix up.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat