cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Jelly Bean Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Jelly Bean Update

they said it was released today since this morning,.but i've been waiting there's no automatic update yet, so i went to system update still there's no jelly bean update, im still on ice cream sandwich, am i doing it wrong? ,what should i do to get jelly bean? i have the gs3 and i don't like rooting...

Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Jelly Bean Update

then you do what the rest of us do and wait, it will take several weeks to push it to everyone and who gets it when is totally random, patience young padawan learner...

Journeyman

ok i just thought when they said they released it "today" everyone gets it. gotcha knight...

GrandMaster

if im remembering right it goes by the serial number.. if everyone got it at once the system would crash lol. it goes out in batches..you can try to push it by checking your updates here and there...or you can just wait it out.

which phone are you using by the way? i only noticed it announced over in the SIII forum..which you should be checking out if that is the phone you have..quicker answeres and or possibly any questions you have have already been asked and answered.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung_galax...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

i have the samsung galaxy s3 16gb. thanks for the info,. hopefully we'll get it by this week.. *sigh*

Journeyman

so basically the sooner you got your phone the sooner you will get it

GrandMaster

not really...some that have picked up a phone late in the game can get the update before the person that picked up the very first phone on release..its just a batching that they do with the serial numbers..HOW they chose each grouping is anyones guess..

Wizard

I haven't heard of anyone getting this update yet.

GrandMaster

yah i just read through the SIII JB thread and only noticed one person saying they got it this morning. other than that nothing. have you manually tried to pull the update? power cycle your phone..update your PRL and profile..then do a manual search for the update..sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt..or you can wait until it gets pushed to you lol.

one thing i DID notice though is its coming with A LOT of good things...well at least per the main post of what all it will contain

Journeyman

i got impatient and ended upinstalling it manually.

go to xda developers and search for galaxy s3 jelly bean

download the zip file and move it to the external sd card

shut diwn the phone

boot the phone in recovery mode (hold volume up, home, and power buttons.. let go when u see the samsung logo)

select the option to update from external sd card

thats it

Journeyman

I went to the sprint store this morning and they updated my phone to jellybean.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat