Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint S3 Applications and Programs

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint S3 Applications and Programs

I received a 16 GB Blue S3 on July 1st, but I'm having problems running some applications.

Below are some of my problem apps and issues associated with it:

Bank of America - After putting in my user name and password, I attempt to log in.  The phone doesn't move forward, instead, the program kicks me back to the log in screen.

Scramble with Friends - I tried logging in via Facebook and my permissions have been set for usage and it should be good to go.  However, I'm still stuck at the log in screen and can't move forward in the process to play any games.

Hanging with Friends - I tried logging in via Facebook and my permissions have been set for usage and it should be good to go.  However, I'm still stuck at the log in screen and can't move forward in the process to play any games.

Skyfire - I can't open bookmarks or change any Settings.  When I attempt to do so, the program kicks me out and reloads the web page.

The S3 feels severely handicapped in comparison to the S2.  I was able to run all programs fine on my S2.

Please assist, thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
GrandMaster

Re: Sprint S3 Applications and Programs

yet other apps work just fine? im wondering if they just havent been upgraded for use with ICS? wouldnt be the first time developers where behind a bit on this

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Almost all my apps have some kind of issue.  The phone is new to me so I havent had the opportunity to load all my previously used programs.

Below are three more issues with apps:

Xscope Pro Web Browser - unable to play videos.  I also cant play videos using Skyfire.

Google Internet Browser - I accessed the website bankofamerica via regular view,not mobile.  Was able to log in, but I can't confirm transfers,bill pays, etc.

Bleacher Report Team Stream - Upon viewing news articles,itll load the page fully and then itll close out with an error.  Which makes it so i can't read the article since it happens almost immediately after the article loads.

Am I the only with these issues? This phone is making me sad.  12 more days til my return window closes...which I think I may have to reluctantly use.

Journeyman

Is anyone able to use the apps above with no problem?   If yes, please let me know.   I am considering do a fresh reformat... but I dont know why I would have to since I got this phone brand new on July 1 at a Sprint store.

Wizard

I just downloaded and tried the above tasks without issue.

You will find there will be an adjustment period with any phone change.  There is also a change from GB to ICS.  Some apps may not always work the same or may not be compatible.

give your phone a reboot, pull the battery out and let it sit for a couple minutes.  Then start her up again.  Also, don't use task managers and the like if you are using them.  I have had no issues except Google Wallet, but that has been resolved for me.

GrandMaster

have you noticed any issues with moving apps to the sd card?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

You were able to use the Bank of America app on the S3? 

I've restarted and shut down my phone, but that didn't work.

I'll try a battery pull and see how that goes.

Note:  I'm not using any task managers or killers.

Journeyman

for the S3, I no longer have the capability to move programs to my SD card.  The option to move programs no longer appear...I thought that is the norm moving forward?

Journeyman

I performed a battery pull and tried re running the Bank of America app, same issue. 

I can't log in and it kicks me back to the log in screen after inputting name and password.

Journeyman

does this mean I have a defective phone?  If you're able to run Bank of America just fine....then my phone must be at fault.

Journeyman

as i was resigned to returning my phone, i figured ill try a clean wipe even though the phone is new.   after erasing the phone and starting fresh, all apps mentioned now work.   thanks for your comments and suggestions.  😃

Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

have you noticed any issues with moving apps to the sd card?

manually moving apps to sd card isnt an option so far from my seeing

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat