cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Sprints S3 does NOT have a Quad core processor**

Highlighted
Journeyman

**Sprints S3 does NOT have a Quad core processor**

I found it fishy that sprint listed the galaxy s3 as having a 1.5 dual core processor in it when samsung is releasing the phone with a Exynos 1.4 QUAD core processor in it, which is what brought this phone the hype it has now. It turns out, after an hour and a half talk with tech support, that sprint is NOT selling the model with a QUAD. This is blasphemous. The only feature this phone really has to stand up as the best phones on the market was the fact that it has an quad core processor in it. There is absolutely no reason to own this phone over any other droid out right now when it is being watered down to cater to the average customer who had no idea what he or she is buying. This huge change NOT being advertised is sneaky and a dirty business move to sell the same phone for the SAME PRICE with HALF the technology.

After finding this out yesterday you have just lost my purchase. I'ts bad enough that sprint offers little to nothing in terms of variety in high end droids and little to no windows phones, but now I have absolutely no reason to upgrade. And to finish things off, the customer service provided is awful and unqualified. I had to go through 5 people in multiple departments just to find someone who knew what a processor was. How do you hire these people if they don't even know about the technolgoy they are selling and giving advice about? I was more insulted over the tech support trying to explain its new "HD Camera" and dodging my questions than I was the fact that my call was being pushed around like an obligated favor.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

28 REPLIES 28
Wizard

Re: **Sprints S3 does NOT have a Quad core processor**

That is sad.  This is why we are moving to ATT in a couple months. Unlimited data will be gone for everyone on every cell company within a year anyway.

Journeyman

My original Evo 4g just kicked the bucket with a broken mic the other day. I was planning on buying this on day one with my upgrade but now im contemplating going to AT&T as well for the nokia lumia 900.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Correct - according to a Samsung press release on  AndroidAuthority, "[...] all the carriers will get a Galaxy S3 with the Qualcomm S4 processor, with its integrated LTE radio. Although it would have been possible for them to adopt the Exynos 4 Quad SoC and combine it with a separate baseband chip, that would have taken a lot of time to implement."

The S4 is a very nice chipset, clocking higher benchmarks than the current quad-core chips, with lower power consumption and onboard LTE. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

"That is why we’re seeing everyone adopting Qualcomm’s S4 chip. Using Qualcomm’s solution dramatically reduces time to market, thanks to the integration of LTE in the SoC. Samsung official press release only mentions the Snapdragon chip, which contradicts some pundits that speculated that T-Mobile and other non-LTE carriers might get the quad-core Exynos chip found in the international version."

They are being made with the quad core. We just aren't getting it.

Journeyman

Not one of the OTHER carriers, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and US Cellular are carrying or advertising a quad core Galaxy SIII.  All of the major US carriers are going to have the Galaxy S III with the dual core processor.   It doesn't matter which carrier you take your business, they will all only have the dual core processor.  It wasn't hard to research this info.  I'm not quite sure I understand the rant against Sprint.  Sounds like you need to be mad at Samsung. 

Go to the Samsung site

http://www.samsung.com/us/article/galaxy-s-iii-designed-to-make-life-easier

and  on the right hand side click on the Galaxy S III model for any of the carrier and you will see they ALL only have the dual core processor.  Verizon's site also shows their Galaxy S III only has the dual core processor.  Maybe the web page you mentioned is the one with the faulty information.

Journeyman

When did I say i was going to another provide for the galaxy..? And if you would kindly go back to google, you would know the international version DOES come with the exynos quad core. And your one page describing the US model does not contradict the information on the international model from trusted sites such as engadget and respected review collaborations. Oh yea, and the dozens of LIVE phone reviews with the actual product given to reviewers already.

Journeyman

Your apostrophe is in the wrong place,second paragraph, second sentence.   Also, the dual core chip is not new news.  That has been long established that the quad won't work by itself on the LTE network.  Why so much hate?  I'ts still a great phone!

Journeyman

What does a grammar error have to do with my point? And there are quad core processors that work with LTE, look it up.

Journeyman

I never said you said you were going to take your business to another provider.  My point was that I didn't understand your rant against Sprint because it wouldn't matter if you were to take your business to another carrier you would could still only get a S III with a dual core processor.  So grammar errors aside, what was the point of your post?

Journeyman

This is well known that US carriers are getting the dual core version but Samsung added 2 GB RAM to the US version which is not on the international version. I'm not sure why you had to call customer service to figure that out. It was never advertised in the US as a quad core phone. It is still the fastest phone on the US market at this time.

Journeyman

im also confused as to what point your trying to get across. i think your the only one in the community that just found out a quad core wont be coming to any us carriers due to lte issues.this just proves my point that 85% of these posts have no point whatsoever. it was all over the web that no us carrier will get a quad core processorbefore they even announced the phone would becoming to the us.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat