cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Sprints S3 does NOT have a Quad core processor**

Highlighted
Journeyman

**Sprints S3 does NOT have a Quad core processor**

I found it fishy that sprint listed the galaxy s3 as having a 1.5 dual core processor in it when samsung is releasing the phone with a Exynos 1.4 QUAD core processor in it, which is what brought this phone the hype it has now. It turns out, after an hour and a half talk with tech support, that sprint is NOT selling the model with a QUAD. This is blasphemous. The only feature this phone really has to stand up as the best phones on the market was the fact that it has an quad core processor in it. There is absolutely no reason to own this phone over any other droid out right now when it is being watered down to cater to the average customer who had no idea what he or she is buying. This huge change NOT being advertised is sneaky and a dirty business move to sell the same phone for the SAME PRICE with HALF the technology.

After finding this out yesterday you have just lost my purchase. I'ts bad enough that sprint offers little to nothing in terms of variety in high end droids and little to no windows phones, but now I have absolutely no reason to upgrade. And to finish things off, the customer service provided is awful and unqualified. I had to go through 5 people in multiple departments just to find someone who knew what a processor was. How do you hire these people if they don't even know about the technolgoy they are selling and giving advice about? I was more insulted over the tech support trying to explain its new "HD Camera" and dodging my questions than I was the fact that my call was being pushed around like an obligated favor.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just a thought and I realize i'm like a months late here, BUT if what you say is true then there is NO WAY that an Intel Core I3 could outperfrom an AMD A6, yet it does.  It outperforms ALL of the A6's and even a couple of the A8's.  so please tell me how what you are stating is an absolute fact?  More cores doesn't ALWAYS mean faster there is a lot more involved than you realize and if you doubt me, you can look up as many benchmark tests as you want, the high end of the Intel I5 Line outperforms ALL AMD processors.  The reason there aren't any quadcore phones is because there is no need, putting in a quad core will jack up the price, and at this point, the dual cores are MORE than capable of handling everything we throw at them.  So why jack up the price just to say you have something that NO ONE will notice.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i know this is WAY late in the game but wasnt it due to the fact that at that time the quad cores just wouldnt work with LTE?

the only phones i know of that are running anything larger than our phones are the european versions..which are not LTE.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

"Working with" wasn't the problem.  There were no CPU / GPU chips that had the LTE radio integrated, which provides substantial power savings versus having a seperate LTE radio chip (which I think Korea ended up getting if I recall correctly).

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that was it...i know this subject was beat to tar back when the specs on the LTEVO came out. i think the thread eventually made it up to about 7 pages lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/422304#422304

for those that want a a lil more reading material on the S4 and its specs.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat