cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still haven't received L710VPLI3 Update?

Journeyman

Still haven't received L710VPLI3 Update?

Has everyone got the update already?  I still haven't received a notification to update....

22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Re: Still haven't received L710VPLI3 Update?

you can always push it to your phone, by just following these quick steps , first go to setting , applications, select all. Then scroll down to google services framework and clear it, then go back and hit home. Finally just go to setting , system updates , update samsung software and check now, it should pull down if not, just try the same process couple of times. This trick doens't work all the time, it did not worked for me, but worked for some of my friends.

Posted by mmark27:

Re: 9/19 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPLI3

You guys can just update manually.  This file is directly from Google for the update:

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l710/ea5d7d1ce298.update_SPH-L710_LG8_...

Download it and rename it to "update.zip" without quotes, then move it to your external SD card on your phone.

Reboot your phone into stock recovery -> Turn off phone.  After completely off, hold down home button + volume up + power button until you see the Samsung logo flash, then release buttons.  Once in recovery, choose install update.zip from SD card -> push power button to select,  (volume buttons to move in menu).  Find the file you placed on the external SD card called update.zip, choose it and push the power button, then apply update.zip.  Your phone will update and then reboot.  Viola!  updated to LI3.

I used this method and all was fine, no data lost.  As always, back up your data before just in case and I do not take any responsibility for whatever happens to your phone.  Update at your own risk.  This file is an official file and not tampered with in any way.  It does not and will not void your warranty.

EDIT: For those hoping to see improved 3G speeds, I saw no increases after running a standardized test before and after update (10 tests using three different server locations from speedtest.net app).  Average before 212kbps, average after 233 kbps.  I don't live in an LTE area, so I have no idea about 4G speeds.

* This is how I ended up getting the update. Its pretty simple and its the same update as the OTA, Rick

Journeyman

Finally got it the other day.

Journeyman

I havent got the update either so I am trying What Rick Spencer posted by mmark27  (Above), is suggesting

Journeyman

I haven't gotten either, I've tried the whole clear the Google framework deal and then clicked the check for updates, not working for me either, guess I'll just wait for it to hit my phone

Journeyman

You can just manually download it guys.. and flash it via Recovery.

Journeyman

I live in Conroe Texas and have not seen the update yet either...always seem to be one of the last to get it even though I purchased the phone on day one...but will just keep waiting for it to be pushed...

A few posts up I re-posted the link to manually get Jellybean. This is relatively simple to do and is the same update as OTA. I have had no problems with it whatsoever. I'm not sure but I think it even fixed the choppiness I was having with Youtube video's, Rick.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you Rick....I have already done this update....my mistake here....I am still waiting on JB....really would love to see that one pop up on my phone....I do have good LTE speed here in Conroe so will be interested in seeing if gets even better...

Sorry I quoted the wrong Post. heres the link: http://v13.lscache4.c.android.clients.google.com/packages/data/ota/sprint_samsung_l710/eec955eb4a5b....

the method is the same I believe and somewhere in GS3 community postings its outlined. I got the info from sending a PM to mmark27.

Journeyman

Thanks Rick...tried 10 times to download but it keeps getting hung up at 77 mb....so guess I will be patient and wait...this is not working...but do appreciate your help....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat