Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages coming hrs late

Highlighted
Journeyman

Text messages coming hrs late

Hi!

Yesterday my husband texted me at 5pm and I recieved it at 2am. My husbands phone was in zip code 07054 and I was @ zip code 10019 till 6pm and then @ 07082 from 8pm onwards. Text message from my mom's phone at 6pm, reached me at 8:30 pm. My mom's phone was at zip code 07082 and was using airwave. We all have Galaxy S3.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Text messages coming hrs late

aa755,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I've checked the ZIP codes you provided and I see that there is a tower being repaired in 10019 as well as an outage affecting both 07054 and 07082. I would like to narrow this down more with a few questions:

1) Are your husband and mom experiencing the same issue of receiving delayed texts?

2) Are you able to send text messages? If so, are the recipients getting them on time?

3) Have you tried troubleshooting? (reboot, profile/PRL update)?

Let me know what's happening. Thanks.

Toya

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi!

Only my phone is the issue. Both my mom and my husband do not have this issue. I have updated the PRL, reboot etc.

Now the issue has escalated. My phone simply doesn't ring or receive text message outside my house. At my house I have airwave and if I am home I start getting the missing text all at once. When I am not home, I don't get call and don't even get voice mail notification. The phone seems to be working fine, since I can make calls, check emails and even send text message. I live at zip 07082 and now even locally around town the phone does not receive phone calls or text message.

AA

Journeyman

Sorry for the delayed response. It appears that the outage that was happening in 07082 has cleared now. You could try doing the restart/update again to see if it helps. If you are still having trouble outside the home there may be another issue that we would need to check into and report on our end.

Toya

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat