Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring files to/from Mac? HELP.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Transferring files to/from Mac? HELP.

I can't find anything on the Samsung website...HELP. When I plug the USB cord in...nothing pops up. It doesn't recognize it at all  & there are no downloadable links or drivers on the Samsung website. 😕

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Transferring files to/from Mac? HELP.

Journeyman

That didn't work for me. I just hooked it up to my old PC instead...though I'm going to have to find a way to connect it to my MAC since this is my primary computer.

Thanks for responding.

Highlighted
Wizard

Mac user here, but no phone...

See User Guide (link):  http://shop.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/samsung/galaxy_s/samsung_galaxy_s_ug.pdf

Bluetooth, p. 207.  Kies via WiFi p. 57-59. Kies Air, p. 209-210.

There should be a way (from above) to transfer files between your phone and PC/Mac via WiFi and never ever need to use a USB connection.

Another useful way to transfer files is to use the Cloud, e.g., Dropbox on desktop and phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The way I did it...I'm doing this by what I remember last night cuz I'm not on my Mac... When you plug your phone in, click the usb on the phone. There will be two selections. I'm not 100% sure but they may be PTP and MTP. One of them says go to Android.com/filetransfer. Download that app on you mac. Then open the app. You may have to unplug and replug your phone. IF it says No phone connection, go back to the selections of MTP and PTP and choose other one thats not checked... When I did this I had to change the MTP to PTP and that worked for me.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat