cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send/receive multimedia messages after Jelly Bean

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to send/receive multimedia messages after Jelly Bean

So before the Ice Cream update I couldn't recieve or send multimedia messages.  After it I could.  Now after the Jelly Bean update, I can't any longer.  Well techinally I have recieved one picture message but none since and can't send any.

I've gone through all the suggested steps on the site to help with it but nothing has works.

Help?  I use this feature a lot!

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Unable to send/receive multimedia messages after Jelly Bean

I’m here to help you out. What is the error code that you are receiving when trying to send a MMS? Is your data working fine? What troubleshooting steps have you taken already?

*Sean

Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks!  It just says "sending" and nothing goes through.   I can't find the page now but there was a whole list of options on ways to troubleshoot.  (BTW I have a Samsung Galaxy S II).  Data, texts, and internet are working fine.  I've taken out the battery, checked for all updates possible etc.  I had this problem when I first got the phone but when I updated to Ice Cream it was fixed magically and now after this last update it no longer works.

Would love help!  I've had at least 5 people try to send me pictures in the last 24 hours and I haven't been able to view them.

-Cassie

Wizard

Thanks for the info. Can you try to send an mms to your 10 digit number and let me know if there is an error code that pops up? An error code would be really helpful in identifying what is going on with the device. Are you trying to receive from 3g or 4g? If available can you try both plus Wi-Fi? Is there an alternate number that you can be reached on? PM that to me so we can try to do some troubleshooting to see if we can get that fixed for you.

*Sean

Social Care

Journeyman

When I try to send it just says "sending" and will stay that way for days/until I delete that message.  I just tried and it said "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped." which is new.
3G and I have tried with and without Wifi (we don't have 4G- in Oklahoma! ) .

Master

Have you tried updating your phone's network profile? You can do so in Settings > About Phone > System Updates or from the Sprint Zone app under Help at the bottom.

Journeyman

Yes I have tried that.  Thanks.

Journeyman

I'm having the exact same prob.  The last software update messed my phone up compltetly.  Dropped calls, lost data connectivity, 3G was nonexistant and I'm not in a 4G area, couldn't send texts, etc.  Basically had an expensive paperweight.  After quite a few calls to customer service, got it fixed with another update.  Now with the Jelly Bean update, I"m back to dropped calls and texts won't send/receive (when sending I get an error 34; I realized I wasn't receiving texts when, at 5:30 this morning, I got 15 texts that people tried to send the evening before).  I've updated the PRL and profile to no avail.  Rather irritating and I'm getting VERY tempted to switch carriers.  I'm not too fond of paying almost $200/month for unusable phones.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat