cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Samsung Galaxy SIII For International Use

Journeyman

Unlock Samsung Galaxy SIII For International Use

Does anyone knows if i unlock Samsung GS III can i still useit oversea on GSM, using sim card?

4 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Unlock Samsung Galaxy SIII For International Use

It will not work. Sprint version is CDMA/LTE (LTE 1900 & CDMA 800/1900) and no GSM bands

Journeyman

As M_Marcus pointed out if its Sprint then NO.

But if its an Unlocked version then Yes. The International version of the GS3 is GSM and is unlocked.

There are many different variants of the GS3.

Journeyman

Hi yes once you unlocked your Samsung Galaxy Siii mobile from network lock you can freely use it on any GSM network sim in it .If you want to unlock your mobile visit Superunlockcodes.com here they ask you the network name to which your mobile is locked and the IMEI number of your mobile .Then at last they delvier you code to unlock your mobile.

Journeyman

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply. I am getting mixed response.

I was told by Sprint Store rep that Samsung S3 is available in only CDMA chip or only GSM chip and Sprint only sell the one with only CDMA chip. Even if I unlock Spring S3 with CDA chip, I still cannot use my phone on oversea's GSM network because the phone does NOT have GSM chip at all. However, iPhone 5 does.

I love Android a lot and Im hesitant to switch to Apple. Can someone verify if the Sprint store personnel gave the right info? Thanks

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.