cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update erased my entire memory card

Journeyman

Update erased my entire memory card

I am so mad !!! I updated my phone with the update that comes automatically every once in a while, and it erased my whole damn memory card.  Every thing that was on my memory card was wiped out !!!!!!  Has anyone had this problem ???  I am LIVID to a point where i dont even want the damn phone anymore !!!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Update erased my entire memory card

I feel your pain daniheart!

Like anything electronic, if you have stuff that you want to keep, it needs to be backed up.

Steps to set up contacts, music and pictures automatically to Google. They all work with the same log in and password;

1. Set up a Google account on the phone and when it asks to where to save all contacts, save to Google, not phone. When you wipe your phone and log in to Google, all contacts will be back

2. Set up a Google+ account and all pictures are automatically saved when you take one

3. Set up a Google Play account and upload all your music up to 20,000 free and streamed to the phone from the GP app

As far as all your apps, I use AppBrain Market to backup all my apps so I don't have to remember what I had. Everything else will be lost. Thats why always do a backup.

GrandMaster

all the apps you have downloaded should be still in the google play store..go into "my apps" and then side swipe it to downloaded..every app you have ever downloaded should be right there (even the ones you no longer have)

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I experience the samething, it wiped out the card completely.  Do a recovery on your SD Card and you should get most of them back.  I am working on it now.  Some were corrupted but most of them are being restored.  The only one that I am not too sure and of course the most important, was my daughter dance video.  Crossing my finger.  And yes I know better then not back up.  Lesson learn but it doesn't help me now, if I don't get the video back

Journeyman

How do you do a recovery on the sd card?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's a good idea to insert an extra SD card (up to 64Gb) and save all your [personal] files on it. Usually, the updates wipe out the main card but leave the extra card alone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat