cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update?!?

Journeyman

Update?!?

When is 4.2.2 dropping and will it be the JDQ39 build we are seeing for the international s3?

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Update?!?

Typically it drops about 2 to 3 months after it's leaked and it was leaked last month on XDA.

sboomboom,

Thank you for your question. At this time we cannot speculate if your android based device will be upgraded to that version.

Just to let you know when there is a new update your phone will notify you.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Who can tell us any information about when we'll be able to enjoy the updates already available? I find more useful and factual info on random forums that I get here. Especially when the customer support is as condescending as the above guy. George M, no one said, hey George, give us a random speculation of when the devices we paid hundreds of dollars for will be made current with available software. They simply asked when it would be available. Maybe a "Sorry about your inconvenience, I'll look into it". 

GrandMaster

unless they have been given the go ahead from the manufacturers themselves they cant give out any dates...or any info that there is even a update coming out anytime soon..to many variables can delay an update or even stop one for that matter..this has been a rule for quite some time now

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My question for markedurden, is there a problem, or lack of feature your S3 doesn't have now? Why do you feel that you are entitled to an update of a device which currently doesn't have a problem? You have this amazing device in your hand which will do many things beyond what your needs, but that's not good enough!!. If Sprint could give a date on when the updates would come out, they would do it because it would be great press and rub it in the face of the other carriers who have not yet updated their S3 devices. The premium suite update that came out, Whoopie!!. The only thing out of that update which no one could wait for was the low light shot. The rest of the features were pretty much nice to have, but rarely use or to show off my phone.

Sprint is the first to update the phones and the process takes for ever because it has to be tested through and through. I don't know what update you think you need, or want but my S3 is a superior devices and I have no issues with it and I couldn't care less when the update comes out. No one gets annoyed with Windows updates, I'm sure you have flash updates for your PC's, TV's and other devices you could check on.

GrandMaster

for that matter how often does the IPhones get updated lol

and to be honest i think they need even MORE testing before kicking out these updates..its getting to be a bit rare that an update doesnt come out that fixes one issue but causes 3 new ones..thats my opinion though...more field testing on a phone that ISNT fully stock..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I never understood the whole "demand and date of the next update". As soon as there are 'rumors' of an update comes they start to demand when like they have some sort of right. Even when they have no idea what the update is, just that "I demand it because I paid $200 for a device. Yes, your right...you paid $200 for a $800 device, so your getting it at a huge discount until you've been with sprint for 2 years. A device made by slave labor. That takes higher resolution pictures than the Hubble Telescope. Has thousand times more computing power than the space shuttle. You can talk to it, navigate with it. But don't tell me when a meaningless update will come out? Oh my, that's COMPLETELY unacceptable.

Journeyman

I don't really concern myself with your questions. But, since this is a sprint forum I'll go ahead since they may read it. I was checking on an update when I read the rude employee's reply above. Take my text into context and maybe you'd figure that out. I don't need to deserve anything I pay for boy. When updates come out for the phone I paid 100's of dollars for an electronic device, I would like it to be current. I pay for the phone, the software and future updates. That is what I pay for. I don't pay 145 a month plus 500 for a phone to have some kid in a forum as me why I think I "deserve" what I've already paid for.

GrandMaster

markedurden wrote:

I don't really concern myself with your questions. But, since this is a sprint forum I'll go ahead since they may read it. I was checking on an update when I read the rude employee's reply above. Take my text into context and maybe you'd figure that out. I don't need to deserve anything I pay for boy. When updates come out for the phone I paid 100's of dollars for an electronic device, I would like it to be current. I pay for the phone, the software and future updates. That is what I pay for. I don't pay 145 a month plus 500 for a phone to have some kid in a forum as me why I think I "deserve" what I've already paid for.

i must not be seeing what you are seeing. how exactly was his response rude?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets see where the Sprint guy was "rude"...

"Thank you for your question.

He's being polite there, I'm sure thats a scripted response.

At this time we cannot speculate if your android based device will be upgraded to that version.

This is fact, no one knows about the update. If you Google it, you get nothing. Even XDA which it was leaked doesn't know.

Just to let you know when there is a new update your phone will notify"

Oh my God, your right! How rude to tell you something that is fact!.

Maybe he should have said it liket his. "When the Sprint update is available, puppy dogs and bunnys will snuggle up to your bed and whisper in your ear that the update is ready for download.

Journeyman

Or..you can do like everyone else does..and WAIT for the update to come out. I don't know how long you've had a smart phone, but they have never, ever, EVER, EVER

GIVE A DATE FOR AN UPDATE. It doesn't matter how much you whine and complain, or get mad at the Sprint people they will never tell you a date. Even when they know it because users like yourself throw huge fits if its 15 minutes late. There is absolutely no benefit of telling you when it will be out. And your lucky to ge getting updates on a regular basis. And its not something you are entitled too, even through you PAID for your phone.

Let me see if we can  change the location of the north pole to where markedurden is standing so the world can revolve around him.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat