cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to 4.3 - No issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Updated to 4.3 - No issues

I went ahead yesterday and updated to 4.3 via Kies.  Took about 15 minutes from start to finish to download and install.  I have had no issues at all since the update.  Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, who knows.  Things I've noticed/tested:

1) Bluetooth connected fine in my car.

2) SD Card works fine.

3) No issues with music starting on it's own.

4) Noticeable increase in performance from a speed standpoint.

5) No battery drain as some have noted.  In fact battery life seems much better.  Typically for me before the update I would be down under 30% battery after about 12 hours with moderate usage.  Yesterday I gave the phone a full charge after the update and with moderate usage after 18 and a half hours I was still at 52%.

Anyway, I am very happy so far and would give Samsung and Sprint kudos for a nice update.  At least for me.  I'd recommend the update and am glad I went ahead with it.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Updated to 4.3 - No issues

One other thing to note, and maybe this is why I haven't seen the issues other have.  My version is not the one noted from 11/22.  Mine is L710VPUCMK3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to update via KIES and it fails when trying to install everytime I try, Guess I wait till the OTA update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have that same update. Just got it today. Hopefully my results are similar to yours. So far so good. I'm very pleased with this update.

Highlighted

I have the "puc" update also and I've had no issues other the automatic updates on some Google programs - which I didn't want to update. My battery life seems even better although I did have to turn the phone off for the first full charge. I have a Zerolemon battery and under normal/moderate usage (I leave the screen on maximum brightness and two minute shutoff) I average three to four days I can go on a charge, its a big battery though.All in all this has been the most trouble free phone I've had since my old blackberry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If I was one of the people deciding or waiting on the 4.3 update, I'd definitely use the puc update as it seems the most stable and reliable. I've noticed no bugs whatsoever. Increased battery increased performance better graphics. I even noticed that you can now control the stock mp3 player on the lock screen. Couldn't do that before. 4.3 has been an awesome update.

Highlighted

chadavis72 wrote:

If I was one of the people deciding or waiting on the 4.3 update, I'd definitely use the puc update as it seems the most stable and reliable. I've noticed no bugs whatsoever. Increased battery increased performance better graphics. I even noticed that you can now control the stock mp3 player on the lock screen. Couldn't do that before. 4.3 has been an awesome update.

I agree, the "puc" update could be found through XDA developers forum or Android central. Its relatively easy to do and there are instructions somewhere here in the Sprint community showing the steps, Rick.

Highlighted
Journeyman

chadavis72 - I hadn't even noticed that yet.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I did use it last night just to check it out.  Worked great and glad they included this feature in the new update!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you notice you can pull the playlist down over the lock screen allowing you to see more of your music without unlocking the screen? Awesome.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no updates on either my phone or my fiancee's phone.  I even tried the cache clearing and still nothing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try the method described above.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, the Samsung website lists 4 SPH-L710's to choose from and nowhere on the phone (beneath the battery or looking at About Device) matches what they have. Does it matter which one I choose?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat