Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to 4.3 - No issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Updated to 4.3 - No issues

Figured that part out. Nowhere on the Samsung website that I was able to see will allow the download. It says to wait for the OTA. Am I missing something in the "process above"

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you're trying over pc you need kies downloaded on your pc as well as your phone. If you're trying directly over your phone you will not find it on Samsung website. You will find it on the xda-developers website. Such as Android Central.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did not notice the pull down from the lock screen, but also a nice touch.  I'll check it on my way home from work tonight.

Highlighted
Journeyman

To anyone who still wants the puc update here's the link with instructions to download. Won't work on rooted devices. Must be stock.

sw3tlvn526

replied 1 week ago

the update it based on your phones serial # not your location sorry 

Like (0)

c_brookhart

replied 1 week ago

You can update manually or wait until your phone's serial number comes up in the list for the update.

To update manually, go to the following page and scroll down to post 1446:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2202175&page=145

Download the zip file to the root of the SD card and then turn off the phone.

Hold down the volume up, home, and power buttons until you see blue text in the upper left corner -- this is the recovery mode.

Use volume down to highlight the option 'apply update from external storage' and use the power button to select it

Use volume down to highlight the update file and use the power button to select it. The update will start at this point.

sw3tlvn526

replied 1 week ago

the update it based on your phones serial # not your location sorry 

Like (0)

c_brookhart

replied 1 week ago

You can update manually or wait until your phone's serial number comes up in the list for the update.

To update manually, go to the following page and scroll down to post 1446:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2202175&page=145

Download the zip file to the root of the SD card and then turn off the phone.

Hold down the volume up, home, and power buttons until you see blue text in the upper left corner -- this is the recovery mode.

Use volume down to highlight the option 'apply update from external storage' and use the power button to select it

Use volume down to highlight the update file and use the power button to select it. The update will start at this point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...Update_FWD.zip

Highlighted
Master

chadavis72

Thank you for being an amazing member of this community!

*David S
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

racingviking,

Thanks for the post. Are you still having these issues? Let us know how you're doing.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

chadavis72,

Thanks for posting. We're glad to see that you've been able to update your software and have had positive results. Please keep us posted should you have any questions or concerns you'd like us to assist you with.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat