cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my photos?

Patron

What happened to my photos?

I took photos and video on Sunday 8/12. The next day when I went to look at my photos, only those pictures were there, every picture and video taken before that time was gone. These are stored on my sd card, not the camera memory. Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: What happened to my photos?

So sorry that you having issue with tracking your pictures on your device! I would suggest you to  connect your phone with pc and check if pictures are in DCIM folder. I would also suggest you to check pictures in your photos or gallery folder.

Abe

Patron

Thanks, Abe. I discovered them missing when I went to the Gallery photo. I checked My Folders and went thru the photos folders for the cam and the sd card and they weren't there. I just tried the DCIM folder as u suggested and it has the pics and videos I took Sunday but nothing else. I thought I may have accidentally formatted the sd card but all my other data and music is still there. I even checked memory to see if I overloaded but Settings -> Storage shows Phone 12.05GB total space, 11.26 GB and SD 14.73GB total space and 14.20GB available so I don't think mem or storage is an issue.

Master

In that  case, What I would suggest you is to download ES File Explorer from Google Market and try to find files/pictures. Let me know.

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a similar issue! Found that photos were uploaded automatically to DROP BOX!?

Just a thought?

Patron

THANK YOU SPRNTGEK. YOU ROCK!

I forgot I loaded that app but that's exactly where they are. Relief. Now, I gotta figure out how to use Drop Box

Journeyman

Glad that was the issue  kspl....

Good luck with Drop Box, 🙂

S Gek

Patron

I created the Dropbox account on my PC and checked out the site but it appears Drop Box uploaded only the most recent photos so I'm still missing about 1000 photos that were saved to my SD card.

I appreciate you getting me this far S Gek and if you have any more info on Dropbox that might help me find the rest of my photos, I'd sure appreciate that as well

GrandMaster

if you already had photos on your sd card then they wouldnt have been removed and put into the dropbox..not sure WHERE they would have gone..but it wouldnt have removed them.

if you put your sd card into a computer and pull it up...are the pics in there or are they still missing?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat