Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

What would you do?

Decisions, decisions.

Best Buy Mobile just called and said that they got my preorder in. But I can't pick it up until Sunday at 10. Now I don't know if I want to get the 16gb version and sign up for the "Black Tie" Insurance or preorder the 32GB and wait for it to get delivered.

Should I get the 16gb or wait for the 32gb?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: What would you do?

I have the 32g model buy if I were to do it all over again I would probably get the 16g. The 32g model adds a 16g partition - something I would rather had be removable. Now when I save to the SD card I have to make sure its the removable one I added.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your response. I take it, there's no way to merge the 2 partitions?

It's starting to look like i'm leaning back to the 16gb.

Highlighted

AnaMayShun7 wrote:

Thanks for your response. I take it, there's no way to merge the 2 partitions?

It's starting to look like i'm leaning back to the 16gb.

I'm not aware of being able to merge them, that's beyond my tech Knowledge. I do know that when you add a SD card to the Epic touch the phone reads it as "ext sd" and the "16g" memory for data that comes with the phone as the "sd". This made it interesting when backing up data to the sd card and for swapping data between devices. You can check out xda if you want to investigate it further:http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1667

Highlighted
Journeyman

My 32GB is not partitioned.  26GB free on one partition.  I know others who's S3 is the same.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Man, i'm on the fence again on what to do. I don't want a partitioned 32gb. But I can have the phone in hand tomorrow if i go with the 16gb.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unless you have a ton of apps you will be fine  with 16.  You can always add up to 64GB flash card.

Highlighted

I re-checked it after I reset the phone and it is one 32g partition. Not sure if I read it wrong or what the first time. It definitely does change what I would recommend - the 32g model. So far its been great and I haven't had any signal issues with the phone itself like I had with the Epic Touch originally. The signal is just as good (or bad) as any other phone I have with Sprint right now. I sure hope Sprint speeds up its network, I'm in an rural area that probably won't see LTE for a long time if ever.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Save some money. Go for the 16GB and in two years go for a new phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat