cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get 4g lte I am paying for it

Highlighted
Journeyman

When will I get 4g lte I am paying for it

Ok got the sIII the day they came out. was told the lte network would be up in a few weeks.  I am now being told by the end of the year.  Is it fair to pay for 4g every month when you can not get it?  Is this truly unlimited data?  Been a true sprint guy for over 10 years.  Now that they have the i-phone iguess we all get treated like att customers.  Time ofor a new leader in data??

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

I am sorry that LTE is not yet available in your area. The $10 premium data add on is not a charge for 4G.

The $10 Premium Data Add-on previously only applied to 3G/4G WiMAX devices, but it was never simply a charge for 4G.

The charge has always been to address the increased costs associated with operating smartphones on the Sprint network.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dan, as a consumer you need to do your research and not rely on the people who are trying to sell you the service.

If you believed it when they said it would be up by the end of the week, thats your fault. Sales people will exagerate a lot of stuff to make that sale. Its how they get a pay check.

Go to this site to get info about LTE and other Sprint network stuff.   http://s4gru.com/

It looks like raylitherland67 explained the 10 charger for "premium data" 

FYI, im in an LTE market, Dallas, One of the first to get it, and i most places i go STILL do NOT have LTE..

So when it does come to your area, it will still take quite a while for it to be fully functional in your area..

Also where are you located at? Your title says when will i get 4G LTE.. But with out knowing a general area we have no clue how to actually answer that question.. LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Understand your frustration.  I am in Houston, one of the first cities to get lte, back in July.  Have had the S3 for over a month now and only recently have I received any sort of 4g life on my phone.  Today was a good day. I now have 4g in my house and get anywhere from 8 to 12 mbps download speeds, almost as fast as my home internet. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i have a freezer i would love to sell you in alaska lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

you should go check out the network and coverage forums. they have quite a few people posting their speed tests in and around your areas. at least you'll know which areas to go check for yourself. while youre at it post some of your own speed tests and locations so others can check out those areas as well.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage?view=discussions&st...

Ripleycat wrote:

Understand your frustration.  I am in Houston, one of the first cities to get lte, back in July.  Have had the S3 for over a month now and only recently have I received any sort of 4g life on my phone.  Today was a good day. I now have 4g in my house and get anywhere from 8 to 12 mbps download speeds, almost as fast as my home internet. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

oh yeah forgot about that thread.  Thanks for the reminder. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

DO not hold your breath Sprint can deliver what they promise; they say there was 10 upgrades to the 3g data in our area 37874 zip code did not notice a single change in down load and upload speeds.  So you really expect 4 g anytime soon. The trouble is they pile the stuff on from the rear end of the Bull from day one take along hard look at were they are now from when they started the spin about 4g comming soon.(it's been coming for how many years now)  What they did not tell you is they only provided service in some of the larger metro areas and screw every body else. And to top it off there are going to dump the wimax for lte now which I agree is better so here we go again more from the rear end of the Bull and still no 4g in the smaller markets. By the time they roll it out to all the other areas you be lucky if you get it by 2017 then somethink better and faster will come along and they will trash what they started and again only the larger customer bases will get the faster speeds.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually once they finish this build out of NV all they will have to do to change up to the newer better LTE will be to add a chip to the towers..the new system is being set up for a easy change over to whatever else may be in the future..including i think its called LTE advanced...which is also why these upgrades to LTE are taking so long..pretty much EVERYTHING is getting replaced at each tower..and in some cases the actual tower itself...along with the antennas

Highlighted
Journeyman

Making a techinical hair splitting response like that is bad business.

It is completly reasonable for a person to believe that a phone which is the cutting edge will have the latest technology when it is advertised as 4g. Merely because some lesser quality data is available nonsense and charlatan like behaviour.

I ordered a Ribeye but got butt steak but still expected to pay $35.00 for my steak? Its still meat.

I ordered a Mercedes and got a Ford. Its still a car.

I ordered 12 mbs internet from ATT and Im only getting 500kbs. Your still getting internet.

The law does not support this bait and switch. It is unethical and illegal selling devices which tout a particular capability and those devices not being able to deliver as advertised. Sure ads are allowed 'puffery'. This goes far beyond mere puffery.

A class action is in order.

Highlighted
Journeyman

First of all, Sprint has been telling that Coming Soon Lie since 4G was first mention. And Ray is just like everyone else from Sprint trying to cover up the information that some of the Reps from Sprint let slip out that the extra $10 charge is actually for 4G service. Once you complain about it and ask for either a supervisor or better yet to speak with someone in cancellation, the next person you speak with will say "I'm sorry for the miss information from the previous Rep"... And I find it very strange when you go from one Rep to another or to a Supervisor or to a different department that no one has the same information and they all work for the same company (Sprint). According to Sprint quite a few areas including several locations in Florida should have had 4G service back in October 2009, and till this day it's no where to be found. Sprint has already lost one battle in court with several class action cases filed around the country in which consumers argued that the early termination fees that carriers charged for ending service early were unfair. Sprint lost its case in California in 2009. A judge ordered the company to pay back $18.2 million in collected fees to consumers. So maybe another Suit is what they need to stop the over charging for a service that is not in your area.. I'm just saying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat