Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the FM radio app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where's the FM radio app?

Just got my GS3 this morning,  Looking around, Can't find the FM radio app.. Many reviews I've read talk about the feature, which I consider an absolute must-have. 

Is this on the European version only?  If the US version can't receive FM radio stations, it's going back ASAP.   I'm not about to start carrying my gen5 ipod again..

(Internet radio is not an option. Data connections are not reliable enough, and every time it drops and recovers, I get the station's initial advertising spiel again,  WIth real FM, you might get some static for a few seconds, then the show resumes.)

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Where's the FM radio app?

Sorry for the inconvenience. I checked Samsung User Guide in detail and couldn’t able to find any info on FM Radio. I also did Live Chat with Samsung Rep and they also re-confirmed that SPH-L710 Samsung Galaxy S III doesn't have FM radio.

Abe

Highlighted
Wizard

Then you better take it back.  none of the newer Samsung phones in the US have a FM Tuner. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sending it back, already made arrangements. 

Also, the HTC Evo LTE has FM radio, and it works perfectly (tried it in a store) 

I'll hold off for a while and see if anyone determines the radio function is actually in there, connected, and ready to use with appropriate software. (Or if Sprint adds it in an update). 

I wished streaming radio worked for me, but when I listen to NPR while moving around, all I hear is their list of sponsors over and over again as the connection drops and recovers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

See reply #3 in the following link:

Does Samsung Galaxy S III Come w/ FM Radio

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat