cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is "Voicemail Pending" from days ago stuck in my notifications on s3 sprint with 4.1.2? the VM has been listened to and deleted days ago but notification will not delete.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is "Voicemail Pending" from days ago stuck in my notifications on s3 sprint with 4.1.2? the VM has been listened to and deleted days ago but notification will not delete.

Actually whole system will not auto sync. Went somewhere yesterday and weather updated to that location as it should have but is now stuck there at that location and time and will not relocate to where I am. All settings I can find for Google are set to auto sync and even forcing manual sync they still won't. My wifi is on and connected strongly to my network with 36Mbps and still nothing. Phone says is syncing but nothing is the result.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Why is "Voicemail Pending" from days ago stuck in my notifications on s3 sprint with 4.1.2? the VM has been listened to and deleted days ago but notification will not delete.

Bruce4081,

Sorry for the delayed response. I noticed some time has passed since your post. Are you still experiencing the sync issues? Have you tried to power-cycle the device? Let me know I’ll be happy to look into this for you.

Joseph

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Re: Why is "Voicemail Pending" from days ago stuck in my notifications on s3 sprint with 4.1.2? the VM has been listened to and deleted days ago but notification will not delete.

Joseph,

Thanks for the delayed reply I had given up on this forum. This may be a little on the verbose and rambling side of a reply but the problem persists and is actually much worse. While that particular issue is reoccurring every time I get a voice mail, just haven’t had one recently, it does eventually sync but only when I have the cell somewhere else than here at my Home Network. But since then I have discovered that while here nothing will sync and I cannot access the internet with the S3. The S3 “My Calendar” has sync'd with my Google Calendar at some time just not here.

Cell Galaxy SIII SPH L710.14, on Sprint Unlimited Plan

My PC runs Win 7, 8 GB Mem, 1Tb, Speed 17.29 Mbps Download and 1.51Mbps Up

Internet is ATT Wireless and 2WIRE router with wireless home network connection

The S3 says it is connected to my home network with a very strong connection at 54Mbps. But I cannot access any internet site or connection with the S3. Even my weather on the S3 won’t update and is stuck where it was the last time I had it away from here several days ago and it automatically connected and updated.

Kies and Kies Air is downloaded and running on PC. I am unable to setup a wireless connection with Kies in spite of carefully reviewing the tutorial and written instructions many times. Can do something’s with USB connection but still won’t sync everything like my “Google Calendar.” I Uninstalled and reinstalled Kies. I am considering Uninstall completely and see if I can find a better program. Online the complaints against Kies are numerous and seem to be unresolved.

Galaxy settings:

On: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound, Screen Rotation, Mobile Data and Sync.

Off: Power saving, Airplane Mode, Multi-Window.

Settings: More Settings; Mobile Networks, Mobile Data enabled. Preferred Network Mode; LTE/CDMA. Connections Optimizer; Optimizer not responding. I have reviewed and watched tutorials and a number of Internet Communities trying to deal with this problem. Every setting that I can find on the S3 and my PC seems right yet all attempts to sync or connect S3 to the internet result in zero results.

I have Norton 360 Virus protection that controls my Firewall including the Windows Firewall but I have shut it off completely and still cannot connect S3 to the internet or sync with the PC wirelessly. The S3 and the PC cannot “discover” each other which I assume is because the PC is just connected to the Network and is not in itself a WiFi Hotspot. But it seems to me that the S3 should be connected to my network, as it says it is, and thus should be able to sync through the network connection just like it seems to do when I have it in other locations than here.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bruce

Journeyman

Bruce4081,

Thanks Bruce I truly appreciate all the info provided. Have you ever been able to access wifi through your phone at home? I would recommend you turn off the connection optimizer and try again. Also is it possible that your AT&T service has a built in firewall? I ask because my Comcast did. Do you have a password on your router? If so, try changing it and entering the new info with the optimizer disconnected. Keep us posted.

Joseph

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Sorry for delay in reply. During my efforts to research and fix this problem I crashed my entire system for the first time ever. Am working to resolve issues I caused and then will resume this effort and make a more direct reply. Thanks!

Bruce

Journeyman

Bruce4081,

Just wanted to check in. Noticed its been some time since your last post. Sorry to hear of the crashed system hope you got that resolved. I'm here for you when your ready.

Joseph

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat