cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint Stores have the Samsung Galaxy s3 by July 1, 2012?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will Sprint Stores have the Samsung Galaxy s3 by July 1, 2012?

I am available for an upgrade on July 1, and I'm hoping to be able to purchase the new Galaxy s3 at a Sprint Store the same day.  Does anyone know if they will have the s3 in stock by July 1?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

They will hit the stores June 21st and I'm sure they will sell out very fast. They may be in backorder status by then if they sell fast!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

if sprint doesn't amazon wireless or walmart will

Highlighted
Journeyman

as long as apple didnt pay anyone in customs again like they did to HTC

Highlighted
Journeyman

You should be able to request an early upgrade now. I believe they can give you up to a 30day upgrade grace period. I was able to upgrade my phone a few years ago about 1 month before my physical upgrade date. Call and speak with customer service to see if they will allow you to do that. (speak with a supervisor). Goodluck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did that really happen?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just read an article that was posted yesterday saying that Sprint might be delayed in their launch...once again. While SOME stores MIGHT have the S3, chances are that they will only have the 16GB version until a week or two later. Why does Sprint seem to always be behind the 8-ball? C'mon Sprint! I'm already out of contract and there ARE plenty of other carriers launching the S3 ON TIME...I'll get what I want, even if I cant get it from Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has told me that there is not scheduled ship date for the 32Gb phones.  Consdering this come from the "ivory tower," I take this as the truth.  The confusion is with Samsung who Sprint blames.  Samsung claims to have shipped the phones. Clearly one of the parties is lying. Samsung has too much to lose as they strive to be #1 and knock off Apple.  I have set my deadline for shipment and already have my Verizon phones picked out. On that deadline I switch and will never go back. To me Sprint has failed in the worst way. The are sitting on probably a few hindred million dollars of our money if the numbers sold are true.  Either way they have lied to the customer base with is a failure as a company.  Sprint must redeem themselves.  They have offered customers nothing for this fiasco. Not even a apology. Clocks ticking for me and hopefully others.  To accept this kind of treatment means we are all sheep.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When it was annoucned that the S3 will be on all carriers, Sprint stated from the get-go that the 32GB version will only be available online or through telesales.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I just called the corporate store where I pre-ordered my phone and I was told that they do not have the phone.  16gb Pebble Blue.  I was told *MAYBE* by next Friday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have it on good authority from someone within the corporate hierarchy that we're looking at another month before they will be selling new units of the Galaxy III.  In addition there appears to be internal squabbling about whether or not to ship out piecemeal those units that have already been preordered or wait and release closer to the next sale date, which may be sometime in mid to late July.  I really don't know who if anybody dropped the ball as far as not anticipating demand for this phone but clearly all those US carriers that offer this phone and Samsung itself was caught off guard by the demand.  I hope it's worth the wait!  My 1st generation Galaxy is on the skids and with each and every passing day the HTC EVO is looking better and better.

Robby 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat