Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't send or recieve texts. Miss calls.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Won't send or recieve texts. Miss calls.

About 5 times a week, I go through times where my phone cannot send or recieve texts. I even had my husband call me to see if the phone rings, and I don't even know I missed  a call until I get a voicemail notificiation.

I thought it was my texting app, (I use Handcent) but I tried Stock, go SMS and other random text messaging apps to see if they send.

I have 5 bars, WiFi on, and still every text I send, fails.

Sometimes, I don't get texts/voicemails from people until a few days later. I can get on the internet and everything just fine, but it seems to be just texts and calls being screwed up.

This is getting aggravating since I cant send or recieve anything.

It happens randomly but I notice it more around 2pm since thats when my lunch time happens and when I do most of my texting.

I've tried restarting my phone

Updating my PRL (someone told me it works)

Battery pulling

Turning mobile data on and off

Turning airplane mode on and off.

I've done just about everything I can think of.

It's not rooted

and it's not Sprint as far as I know cuz my husband doesn't have the same issues.

Also, I don't get ANY error message. The little sending icon just spins and spins and spins then my phone beeps and doesn't send.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Won't send or recieve texts. Miss calls.

The only way to tell would be to have a repair center run a diagnostics test on your S3. Is the location that you visited yesterday an authorized Sprint repair location? If not I can check for the nearest location to you, or you can also visit http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/ and select the option for repair, to locate the closest store to you.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Wizard

DANNOG777, thanks for your post. Let me look into this issue for you. What device are you using currently?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S3

And my zip code is 90605

nearest intersection is imperial hwy and carmenita ave

Highlighted
Wizard

I am not seeing any outages at this time in the zip code that you provided. Can I have you try a profile update to your S3?

1. 1. On device, press Home button.
  2. 2. Tap Menu.
  3. 3. Tap Settings.
  4. 4. Scroll up and tap System Update.
  5. 5. Tap Update Profile.
  6. 6. The Network is preparing your services. Please wait is displayed.
  • When the update is completed, you are returned to the System Updates screen.
  1. 7. Press Home to return to Home screen.  

Let me know if this helps?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just updated. I am not having the issues this second however. It happens on and off. I had the issue about 30 mins ago for about 15 minutes and then it "fixed" itself for the time being.

I have used "Update Profile" before during one of the previous times it has done this, and it didn't work. It seems like the only thing that works is waiting it out.

I was at the sprint store yesterday for a seperate reason, and I happened to mention it and an employee said it could be the phones antenea but I dunno if thats a real possibility

Highlighted
Wizard

The only way to tell would be to have a repair center run a diagnostics test on your S3. Is the location that you visited yesterday an authorized Sprint repair location? If not I can check for the nearest location to you, or you can also visit http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/ and select the option for repair, to locate the closest store to you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Naw, I know where one is. Thanks, I appreciate your help.

You're awesome.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having the same problem. Mine tends to last more than 15 mins. I also get an error that my phone can't sign into one of my email accounts even though I can verify that the password is right on my computer. So here we go...

I have:

Rebooted the phone

I have pulled the battery

Used the dialer code and put in my MSL to reset the network connection

Updated the PRL and Profile

Advanced tech support told me that they could see that the PRL and profile updates failed even though my phone said they had completed.

This is now the second phone as they RMA'd my first phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@SPRINT

So what is the latest PRL for the Galaxy S3? The update always says it "UPDATED" but it never seems to change. All five of my S3's show a PRL version of 25012.

My zip code is 95662 in case you need that.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes, the 25012 version is the latest PRL update for the Samsung Galaxy SIII. It is not dependent on your zip, but rather used for traveling from tower to tower nationally.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would love to know what the fix will be because I have the Galaxy I and I have the same problem everyday. I am actually having that problem right now and have had it for about a half hour. I thought it was just my area.

Journeyman

I've had the error code 34 sonce December!!!! My  local sprint store says it's a known issue and replacing my phone won't help, so i have a half broken phone that sprint won't fix..........

I've done the soft reset, hard reset, PRL update, they even changed my MDN and MSID, oh and radio update. How can this such a huge problem?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat