cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering why my mobile data keeps turning on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wondering why my mobile data keeps turning on?

I noticed this just yesterday. When my phone screen locks, the WiFi will disconnect and 4G will turn on. When I unlock, it takes a second to connect to the WiFi again, but the mobile data stays on. My device was manufactured without a stock mobile data toggle, so I've tried Data ON-OFF by Antonio La Rocca, Juice Defender, and a few other mobile data toggle widgets but to no avail. When I lock and then unlock the screen again, the 4G will just come back on.

I have the Connections Optimizer unchecked, WiFi is set to never sleep, WiFi power save mode is off via the dialer code but NOTHING WORKS. It seems like a very recent problem, I'm not sure if it has to do with updating the Connections Optimizer (which I removed all updates for) but I would like to fix it. I just don't want to have 4G turning on all the time when I don't need it to.

Also, I don't want to just switch to Airplane Mode because I still need to text and make calls, just don't want 4G at work when I can use their WiFi.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

C713, Have you done any trouble shooting to the device? What make and model phone do you have? Keep us posted.
- Erick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

No I haven't, only because I'm not really sure what to do. It's a purple Galaxy SIII, model SPH-L710.

Highlighted
Master

C713,

Which version of Android are you using? Does the 'Mobile data' toggle show when you swipe down the notification bar? (You may need to swipe to the side to display more options.) Have you tried the steps found here bit.ly/1qa5EMJ or going to Apps>Settings>More Networks>Mobile Networks>uncheck Mobile Data?

- Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

My version is 4.4.2. Yes I have, and it doesn't show. I even went into the settings for the notification panel and there isn't an option to add a mobile data toggle. I unchecked mobile data in the network settings, but it just turns itself back on once I lock/unlock the screen.

Highlighted
Master

C713

Thanks for getting back. Try to turn off the 4G and let the phone run under 3G and see if it keeps the mobile data off, http://bit.ly/1e9xKQQ . Keep us posted.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I've done that but it still turns itself on.

Highlighted
Master

C713,

Have you tried taking the device into a local service and repair store? Please let me know if you need help finding a service and repair store near you.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat