error 97 when sending text messages through my airave

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: error 97 when sending text messages through my airave

Worked Great !!! Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is something to try. It has worked for us so far but time will tell. We have the same issues with both of our Galaxy S3 phones and our airave. No amount of rebooting was helping us either until it dawned on me what was happening. It appears that if your phone is activated, OR the airave is booted in range of a phone, that phone may have issues. Try putting your phone or phones into airplane mode shutting off all radios. Then reboot your airave and let all of the lights green up. Only then take your phone out of airplane mode and acquire signal. Never update your profile or prl while in range of an airave. So far this has worked and both of our GS3's have been able to text outbound. Once again, time will tell and I'll try to update if this changes. Also, if you have updated your profile and prl while in range of an airave, you may want to do it again while only in cell tower range.

So far so good, but time will tell. If this changes I'll try to update.

Wizard

Through talking to many Sprint Airave techs ( some know more than others) you can get a block on your phone so that it will not connect to any Airave.

Journeyman

THANK YOU for suggesting resetting the MSID.

Resetting the MSID on my phone (an LG Rumor) *seems* to have worked but I am still cringing in anticipation of that error message popping up again. I am glad to hear Sprint/Airave is working on a solution and hope it is successful in its implementation. My problem is that I have absolutely no control over the device that caused my problem, as I live in an apartment building and the device belongs to one (not sure which one) of my many neighbors.

After the Sprint representative (one of SO many I’ve spoken to in the last several weeks) I spoke to on the phone told me there was absolutely nothing that could be done without my knocking on doors, finding out who's device it is, and subjecting that individual to the torturous and ineffective “customer service” of Sprint (and after calling back twice that morning to try and get an actual answer) (all of this following five weeks of going ‘round ‘round in circles with countless other Sprint Reps, on the phone, online, and in various stores), I returned again to the Sprint store. There, the tech proceeded to reset my phone, again, even after my telling him that that had already not fixed the problem. Not until I insisted that he try resetting my MSID, as suggested in the above strings of this forum, would he try it, as it was a suggested fix, but NOT for my specific phone. Thankfully, knock on wood, this seems to have worked. Best of luck to anyone with an Airave, and to people in the surrounding areas…

Journeyman

I talked to Sprint Tech (Airave).  Apparently there is a known issue not only for the S3 but any new phone you activate when having an Airave.  They did some software push that basically reset the Airave to the factory settings. He said it may let text work for a few days or so but then I should push the Factory settings reset button on the Airave to reset it.

He said they are working on a software solution that will be pushed out. No ETA.  He said they will email Airave customers.

Journeyman

Recently got the S3 too and have been experiencing text problems since then.  I get messages delayed to me (sometime they come in bulk hours or days later) and now I have the Code 97 when trying to send them out. Over the last day I keep getting the same messages from different people every few hours.  I am home on my Airwave too, if that matters (last tech said it did not).

4 calls to Sprint. First they said they did a phone refresh (whatever that means), then they said it was a network issue, last time she had me enter some odd codes into the phone and I think reactivated it.

Very frustrating as this never happened with my Evo.

Wizard

Just wanted to clarify, that I no longer get any errors while on my Airave now.

Master

Texting failures inside Airave coverage is actually a known issue.  We've been dealing with it for some time now.  The Airave department 866.556.7310 will confirm it's a "known issue," which means we typically do not trouble shoot this problem.  The manufacturer of the Airave, Samsung; and Ericsson, the network contractor; along with Sprint, the mobile network; are and have been working to find a permanent fix for the problem.  You are more than welcome to try halldl02's recommendation to have your MSID changed.  An MSID is a part of your phone's programming for security and authentication into our network. 

Tom

Journeyman

What was it that finally fixed the problem? Changing a msid # (I am not sure what this is?) I've had this problem (error code 97) for nearly five weeks now and today, finally the third rep (of today, I've lost count over the weeks) that I talkekd to figured out that it's an issue with an Airave card (not mine, mind you, I don't have one, but my neighbor's apparently). I have had my phone service transferred as well as my phone deactivated/reactivated, my phone replaced, etc, and I can't even remember all of the other fixes they've tried...

Thank you!

Journeyman

looks like it has been resolved.  i asked the tech to change the msid # and that seems to have worked.  thanks halld02 for your suggestion.