Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is KitKat still rolling out? Nothing yet in 28658

Highlighted
Journeyman

is KitKat still rolling out? Nothing yet in 28658

Still no KitKat OTA update here in 28658. I check for firmware and Samsung updates through out the day and still no KitKat. Is it still rolling out in some areas?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Master

Re: is KitKat still rolling out? Nothing yet in 28658

blackburnx2-

Let me take a look and see if there are any updates. What device do you have?

-Kris
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the S3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got mine three days ago. In 287__, although it doesn't matter since its a random rollout. But the only change I've noticed is faster battery use and Google's restrictions on sd card writing. I've yet to find anything useful that it's supposed to give the S3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also still waiting. Have checked dozens of times.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here in Tx 78216 almost wanna force the update as ive seen people post throughout this forum..

Highlighted
Master

SteveWNC,

Thanks for posting. I'm happy to help. Are you having trouble with the device after the update? Have you tried closing the apps running in the background to avoid draining the battery? What's going on with the SD card? Let me know I'll check it out.

-- Laura, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

i still havent recieved the update either. yet i talked to a rep on chat yesterday that said everyone should have recieved the updates by now.

Journeyman

You could either try forcing the update, or if you Google for it, you can find the zip file for the update

Highlighted
Master

jstina-I apologize for the wait. As Ramiro advised the updates are available from region to region at different time intervals. Hopefully you will get it soon. Thank you for your patience! -Sara, Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Laura - I've always had minimal apps loaded, no widgets, dim screen, etc, to maximize battery usage. It's not terrible now, but worse than before. I'll try closing all services I don't use, like Google Play and Sprint Zone, and see if that helps. But I reboot every night, so that process will get longer...

The sd card problem is a Google issue. They locked down access for security reasons, and made it so apps can't write to folders they don't create, which causes problems for folks wanting to save things on sd cards.

Highlighted
Master

It is still rolling out, and unfortunately, not determined by zip code.  You will get it, we just don't have access to a schedule to determine when.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat