cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low signal and dropped calls w/ s3

Journeyman

low signal and dropped calls w/ s3

I have a poor signal and have lost several calls with my galaxy s3. My boyfriends Evo 3D has 3 to 4 bars while mine only has one tiny barely a bar there that drops constantly. Anyone else have this problem? I did install the latest android update but it has not made a difference. I'm not even sure exactly what the update was suppose o improve other than security of some sort. Just wondering if I should try a different phone.

4 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: low signal and dropped calls w/ s3

havent had any dropped calls yet but the reception is horrible and i keep losing data connectivity. when it works, its super slow. beyond 56k dial up speeds. hoping for a update to fix all this or im going to have to file a complaint. already called in once and they had me do some kind of reset that worked initially but ended up being the same later.

Journeyman

I called them to just to let them know. I lost that call too , they had to call me back. Lol and the Eve 3d in the same room was being used send had no issues.

Was hoping if they were informed enough a change could be made to improve reception. Also let them know Google Wallet wasn't operating as well, even after update.

Journeyman

Just to add, in addition to the comments I made on my thread 'S3 Buyers Beware', where I listed a bunch of things I found on my phone that pointed to it being a used one, it also dropped calls.  My white S3 doesn't drop calls, and I tried using both of them in the same location at the same time.  Sounds like you got a defective phone.

Check out my thread and see if any of the things I listed apply to your phone.  I hope they don't but it might be worthwhile for you to check that list.  Good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issues with Samsung S3 White 16G.  I want to take it back but they have no phones in stock to replace....and I don't want the Iphone.  They have to fix this.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.