cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help me connect my s3 to wifi !- sprint cannot help me

Journeyman

please help me connect my s3 to wifi !- sprint cannot help me

i was just on the phone for 1 hour trying to get sprint to help me connect my phone to my wifi at home but they could not figure out why it is not connecting, but my wireless network is allowing me to call them from my gmail account on my laptop to talk to them.  everytime i try to connect on my phone, all i get is " obtaining ip address...." and "disabled".

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: please help me connect my s3 to wifi !- sprint cannot help me

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest you to do a simple reset on the modem/router and then enter correct SSID and Network Key on your phone. Let me know.

Abe

Journeyman

is ssid my password? and network key?

Highlighted
Master

SSID- is a default Network Name for your wifi and Network Key-Your  wi-fi password.

Abe

Journeyman

i unplugged modem and router, waited, and plugged back in.  i checked my router security on my devices on my computer and all is good.  retried and got the same thing.  aahh!

GrandMaster

did your phone happen to remember your home wifi connection? as in it shows it in your phone even though it still has yet to connect to it?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, it is on the list

GrandMaster

ok do this. go back in and select it in the list. chose to forget it. yank your battery for about 2 minutes..while its out hold down your power button for about 10 seconds..what this is doing is getting rid of any stored data the phone is hanging onto that is really un needed..while doing this go ahead and restart your router again. put the battery back in and power it up. (while youre at it update your profile and PRL) once the router is up and going again go ahead and re search it out through your wifi. theres a possibility it didnt pull all the info it needed originally and basically locked that junky info into your phone instead..this is making it re search it out fresh.

post if this works or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Ok ill let u know

Journeyman

He could also try to go into WiFi settings, delete the current configuration for WiFi, then try to re-establish a connection by entering the password again.

This has actualy helped me a time or two when i had issues with mine..

GrandMaster

true. but i have seen where it actually keeps some of the old info in there for some reason and continues the problem. this method has worked for multiple different phones..only one it hasnt been tried on as of yet would be the SIII..the LTEVO is going to be a different story since the battery is non removable.

Journeyman

I tried the "ignore and start fresh again after scanning for networks" many times and i even went into the router settings and double checked yhe password, but it still does same thing. I havent tried the battery removal option yet but i have removed the battery many times in the past and nothing changed then. But i will do it again.  I should make a video of this process...    is there any special kind of modem u must have or router. Maybe i need a new one... i have a netgear wireless router G. I got it about 3 years ago.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat