cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unfortunatly, TouchWiz home has stopped"

Journeyman

"Unfortunatly, TouchWiz home has stopped"

I just got the new S III and have had it for just 2 days.  I was looking in my folders and suddeny i couldn't "scroll", then i got an error msg "Unfortunatly, TouchWiz home has stopped" with "OK" button.  Each time I pressed it, it would bring me back to my front page, lock up, go black and then display the same error msg.  Each time I pressed OK it would repeat.  After calling Sprint, they reccomended to access the applications and force closed the TouchWiz app.  After finally getting to that setting, after many attempts before the screen froze, and force closing it, it would keep giving the same error, regardless.  Powering it down or removing the battery did not help either.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  It has rendered the phone pracitally useless.  Advice?

6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: "Unfortunatly, TouchWiz home has stopped"

No problems on my end, trying going to settings/applications & clearing all data/cache & reboot

Highlighted
Journeyman

Had to take Phone into store and they had to do a hard reset.  Everything seems to be working ok now.  Hope this is a one time occurance.

This could happen with any Android phone if a file that the user interface uses gets corrupted. HTC has HTC Sense, Samsung has TouchWiz, most other phones use a relatively untouched stock Android launcher usually.

There are numerous other launchers available in the Android Play Store as well depending on your interface preference. The launcher is the actual interface you use on the phone and launch your apps from, the way it looks. Any of these can force close if a file they rely on gets corrupted. Sometimes you can fix the issue by gonig to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, finding the launcher app, and clearing the data for the app. Sometimes if the launcher is closing continuously though you may not be able to get to the settings, and a hard reset would be the only other way to get that job accomplished, downside being it takes everything else with it when you hard reset the device.

Journeyman

OP is lucky to have gone a couple days, IMO.  Mine didn't last 2 hours without getting caught in this cycle, the phone literally won't let me do anything.  Not an awesome way to spend the evening playing with a brand new phone you've been looking forward to....

Journeyman

I just had an update on my galaxy note 2 and it's doing the same thing. Really sucks.it was working just fine before.

Master

sprintuser2929, 

Thank you for posting and for reaching out to us in regards to your device issue. Have you reached out to Samsung or visited one of our Sprint service and repair centers in regards to this matter? Please let me know, I look forward to your response. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team  

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.